Upgrade to 180 from 75 on a budget. :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NWDiver: Sweet I will probably give a big call out to all that will hear. Thank you for the offer.

UPDATE: So I had my stand frame built and found out the hard way that the garage is not level. Everything leveled out fine in the garage and then I got it into the house to look at it and........ It was not even close to level. So I precut all of the pieces. And leveled and assembled in the house. I know what everyone is going to say. No house is level either. However I leveled it to the house so it should be good. (I HOPE) But I will get pictures up here shortly. So the only thing left is to skin it and little bit of trim work and the stand will be done.

DSC03453.jpg

DSC03454.jpg

Oh yeah and I got my protein skimmer in today. Let me know if you guys think it will work on my 180.

INDPROT1.jpg

So talked with Brian (LFS Island Pets) and he said the tank will be here on Friday. So, game on. Still in work on the magnificent floating hood. I will get pics as soon as I get the time.

Sooo, I guess that is an external skimmer and you are not planning to put it under the tank. It MIGHT be enough for the new 180... :)
Don't sweat the stand too much, just grab a pack of shims (for the bottom) and set it once it is in place.

Actually, it will be in-sump. I think I can fit it in the humongoloid of a sump that I was lucky enough to get off of "ThatGuy559". Could you imagine the amount of Poo that thing collects.

hahaha yeah that skimmer and sump are both monsters....hey quick question...did you measure the stand to fit the sump and skimmer because that skimmer sits 3" above the sump. surprisingly enough the sump was pretty clean all the time because of the skimmer

Actually, it will be in-sump. I think I can fit it in the humongoloid of a sump that I was lucky enough to get off of "ThatGuy559". Could you imagine the amount of Poo that thing collects.

Damn itback to the drawing board. Just kidding. Yeah it is going to be good. I think. Maybe. Damn it I am going to have to go home a check now.

hahaha i just got my skimmer today getting plumbing parts tomorrow still waiting on my sump though....3 weeks is a long time in aquarium world

Floyd,

Are you going to sell your old skimmer? I'm in need of one...

Also on Friday I have to run to the south end of the Island to pick up my trailer and should be back by 6 to pick up your tank.

I am going to be selling all of the gear that I have. Unless somebody wants to set up the equipment I have in their garage for a community grow out system. I would then donate it to that cause. I just can't afford to pay the electricity company any more blood, sweat and tears.

So this is what I have.

ESHOPPE refugium/sump the 36" monster.
Euroreef180 skimmer
75 gal tank, stand
Overflow

2x48"x28x16 acrylic tanks
1 stand for both.

That would be awesome if we could use your trailer. My manvan does not support the space required to move that thing. I am sure that the engine would not handle it either.
I will let you know. I have to either pick it up by 6 before they close or I have to get it sunday because of the parade (5 KIDS I have to go) on Saturday.

I could prolly swing Sunday if you need the help.
If BigBlue passes on the skimmer, give me a shout.
I have the space/facilities to do a grow-out if you guys want to, but I'm not sure if you are into the 45min drive to Alger.

CRAZY...

I have a garage. I have free electricity. I like the idea of some grow out tanks :D

I want the skimmer :)

Now I really have to clean out the garage and make a spot :D I have the perfect place for them.

Well here it goes. I have the 3 acrylic stands and a couple of lighting systems that we can take apart and retro. I have the stand and several other things. Talking about frags. Who wants to come over and save the few frags I have on the rock I am about to obliterate. I have some zoo's, a kenya tree or two, an acan trying to hang in there, and a lonely clownfish that needs a good home. I am about to take this rock out and scrub it and put it into the oven. That should do it right. Set that thing to broil and cook that damn hair algea off. (Could you imagine the smell in the house. Hmmmm home cookin)

well i will gladly take some items from you but my tank is not even set up yet still waiting on my sump

I have this humongoloid of a sump sitting in my garage. (Ha HA) I can postpone the nuclear holicost on the live rock until a later date.

So it looks like we have 2x250w MH, I have probably some where around 4 96w pc's that we can retro to either VHO or T5's if we need too. 3 acrylic tanks, a stand some donated rock, and a garage with free electricity. Sounds to me like the perfect recipe for a nice little grow out operation. We should probably sit down and talk about the specifics. Let me know. I also have another protein skimmer that could work momentarily, it is a berlin skimmer and it works "OK" it is not like the monsterous protein skimmer that I got off of you Justin but it pulls some.

Back