Upgrade to 180 from 75 on a budget. :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I need you guys to keep in mind that I need the rock that they are attached to. So it will be a chipping operation. Or masterfully seperating the live stuff from the bio hazardous waste rock (Hair algae) that it is attached to.

Also if I kill the rock by nuking it what is the process for making sure it is reusable. After the napalm attack on the hair algae can I let it dry out, and once it is dry what is the recommended time before I can put it back into the tank.

i have a pressure washer we can use to clean your rock then let it dry out for about a week or so then you can re use it again. just chisel the corals off of the rock and put them on some egg crate. i have some you can have. that way it should be ready to go once your 180 is ready to be squashed. dont worry about killing the rock it will reactivate once its with your established lr.

i know from first hand experience this guy was selling his lr for a $1 a pound because it was infested with hair algae and bubble algae i blasted it with the pressure washer let it dry for 2 weeks ( i was not in a hurry) put it in my tank and it was good to go no hair algae ever.

thanks ryan i didnt plan on fish just corals some good deals going around dont want to pass them up lol

That would be cool! Let me know when you are free and I will make the drive.
If the others out your way are up to doing a tank tour that would be great as well.
I was thinking about making a trip to Island pets in any case. They are always closed on the way back from diving so I have not been inside yet.

Are we still on for picking up the tank today? I should be back b4 6 so I could just meet you there.

NWDIVER, thank you for the offer. I will see if Floyd's will fit, if not then I will drop you a line :D

I guess I should also let the boss of the house know that I'm going to put several tanks in the garage :) I don't think she ever thought I'd really do it when she said that's the next place I'd have to put a tank if I got another one.

I'm also going on vacation for a week or so the later part of June and was wondering if someone would feed my babies, eh piglets while I was gone?

Not sure just yet if they even got it in. Been busy all day. I will go and find out if they got it in or not. By the time I get out of here it is probably going to be pretty late anyways. So I may have to cancel until Sunday if you are still available. And that skimmer is yours if you want to use it. It is a berlin in sump skimmer and it works alright. Let me know because it needs to be cleaned something fierce.

Well my tank is in, I have it sitting in my garage. It is nice that the place you buy the ginormous monster from doesn't just leave you out in the rain. They actually brought it to my house for me, and was kind enough to help me put it into the garage. I love small town business's. Well now the fun part starts. I gave up on the DIY stand. I found out that though I am an electrician, wood is nothing like electricity and does not quite do what I want it too. So I am leaving the stand up to professionals. Plus I get to keep the warranty that comes along with it.

So I will get some of the plumbing done (again not electricity, but from the way Justin describes it not rocket science either). So I will keep you guys up to date on that. Probably end up glued permanently to my pvc. We will see how that goes.

Uh-Oh, no tat2z for a few days. One of you guys better run over and un-stick him from the plumbing...

yeah i know......lol well looks like i will be supervising the plumbing!!! so he dont get glued to his tank

Well I have not been able to finish up the plumbing. 3 kids sick and vomiting all over the place. I tried to hide out in the garage but the better half reminded me promptly of my priorities. I have how ever finshed up the hood, and well it weighs a little more then what I was hoping for. But it looks good. After I finish up the gallons of liquid wood that I am pouring into the grandcanyon gaps I will sand and take some pictures.

Back