Weld-On 16? Not in Seattle I say!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Eric Boerner

Web Guru
Does anyone know where I can get a tube of Weld-On 16 ANYWHERE in the Puget Sound Area?

I have been to a dozen hardware stores, hobby stores, and plastic stores all over seattle and I get blank stares when I ask about it. "What do you want to do with it?" Ahhhh... I want to glue two pieces of acrylic together... "You should use some silcon cement for that"... Meh!

I honestly don't want to pay $10 in shipping for a $4 tube of adhesive.

Hey Eric,

I have half tube of Weld On 16 you can have. I live in NE Seattle and home all day if you want to swing by. PM me if you are interested.

Also, Taps Plastic usually carries it and they have a store here in Seattle and Bellevue.

There's a glass shop on Highway 99 in Lynnwood that carries it. It's like .5 miles from my house....

Thanks for the offers.

Jan do you know the x-street of the glass shop off 99? That is close to me. If that falls through I may take you up on your offer Matt & Ken.

I need a substantial amount. My eurobrace has a crack on a corner after leaning on it to clean the tank this weekend. Im putting a triangle piece of acrylic into corner joint and filling in the gap from the top. That should give it enough strength to keep if from stressing too much more.

Jan do you know the x-street of the glass shop off 99? That is close to me. If that falls through I may take you up on your offer Matt & Ken.

It's near the 188th Street intersection, on the west side of the 99, next door to some kind of flower shop. I found it by Googling something, but I can't remember my search criteria....maybe "acrylic repair Lynnwood" or something along those lines. Then I called and asked about Weld-on. I was amazed how close the place was.

yum! steak almost trumps beer but good ole homebrew trumps steak barely.

Eric - sorry for stepping on your thread.

You can always get it at any of the plastics dealers in Kent like Interstate Plastics:

22435 68 th. Ave. South
Kent, WA 98032
(888) 485-7051
Fax (253) 395-0535
1-888-485-7051

how are your homebrews coming along matt? I just kegged and drank the my last 5 gallons that I have been aging for about 7 months. I took it on a camping trip with a few friends, it damn near brought a tear to my eye.

Now that is a good beer....I recently made a juniper rye beer that I'm in love with but unfortunately I'm running out. You think 5 gallons of beer is alot but damn it goes quickly. :) I also had an oatmeal stout that I'm almost out of....

and now I understand why some do 10 gallon batches.

BigT,

How long have you been at it, the homebrewing? There is a place in Edmonds called Gallaghers where people can make home brew...they have recipes etc.

And, please post on here more often. Don't see you around much. :) ;)

Hi there Jan, I wish that I had more to say more often, but I just try to help out here an there when I can. Sorry I havn't been around much since you ave been around tho. I am still hooked on reefs, so I will be back one day and will be doing it all diy agian. Right now I am planning on my next big project which will be a 30-40's style 21+' mahogany runabout, I am really looking forward to that.

I have been doing the homebrew thing for about a year and a half, but I have been too busy to brew for the last several months. I am actually just about to move out of town, so I decided to wait till I get settled again before I do my next one. The only time I have been to edmunds is for work, and I got a damn ticket there :), but I am fighting it so hopefully it won't go on the record. Anyway catchya later.

Back