What brand of salt do you use?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The difference was that I only needed to use 2 cups of aquavitro make it 1.026 making it last longer. I had good results with both reefcrystals and aquavitro so I decided to save some money.

I used to appreciate Oceanic's brand of salt for mixing/dissolving faster than most of the other brands (it's a finer salt and mixes very quick like sugar).

I use I/O at home because I have a ton of it from over the years...probably because of the tshirts they used to include in the buckets

Last edited:
if u watch the video of how red seas coral pro salt is made its just dehydrated sea salt. hence why sometimes u can get a dirty batch its literally dried in big dirt reservoir looking things in the desert and piled high like sawdust. i used it for a year and never got a dirty bucket but have heard of others getting them and after watching the video completely understandable how this happened. nata has the best tanks ive ever seen and that's the salt she uses. i mean dream tanks we all wish we could have. here is link

Red Sea English - YouTube

Last edited:
Red sea coral pro, Used I/O Reef crystals for 2 1/2-3 years on my old tank and it worked fine.
Just decide to switch right now as I am setting up a new tank so I figured it would be the best time to try it!
And after seeing natalia's tanks that made my mind up :smile:

Back