• Tunzes

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • Sea Swirls

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Other (add below)

Votes: 19 9.1%

• Total voters
Beckmola24 said:
Maxx, Why would you go with a MBV for a larger tank instead of the oceansmotions?? Oh yea, what do you mean by "larger"?? 100g, 200g, 300g??? ;) Thanks!

Becky,
Sorry for the long delay in replying to your question...

I would go with a MBV on a larger tank because I feel it would be easier to plumb than the OM unit, since its only 3 sides you're plumbing as opposed to 5 for a 4 way OM unit, (4 outlets and the bottom). Cost is also a factor since the OM unit is less expensive than an MBV. The MBV is about $450 and a timer is about $85-$100. The OM unit allows you some degree of variation with plumbing and timing, (you can do 4 outlets on a 4 way or two if you special order) but the timing is pretty much set at 1 RPM as thats the speed the motor turns. Where as on a MBV, you can set the timer to switch sides whatever interval you want, (5 minutes, 24 hours, etc).
As far as larger goes...thats really up to you. I will eventually be upgrading my 58 gallon (36Lx18Wx21H) to a 120 (48Lx24Wx24H) and I will most likely be using a MBV for it. Basically, any tank under 4 feet in length is too small for a MBV to be plumbed, (they are kinda large).
I'm still really happy with my OM unit and like what it does for the tank...I just feel that the MBV allows me to be a little more flexible.

Nick

WildReef said:
Ocean's Motions Wave Maker and closed loops with eductors to increase the flow output.
Hey WildReef - how is that OM working with the eductors? Having any problems with it?

Can you tell me which OM unit you have, which pump and how many eductors running per branch?

I'm planning to set up my sump return with something like this so I'd really love to get some details from you!

Thanks,
Randy

I am running a closed loop that returns to 4- 3/4 sea swirls powered by a sequence baracuda. My return is another sequence baracuda that returns to 6- 3/4 loc lines, 4 on the top and 2 off my overflows. Not sure how it works yet as the tank is still not up and running yet. The flow from the return seems a little weak not sure if I should have went with 4 instead of 6?

both...

I have two 3/4 inch Sea Swirls in my closed loop powered by a Sequence 5800 gph pump. I also have a SCWD with outlets in the middle of my tank powered by a Dolphin 2100 for return pump. I wanted to add both in your poll, so I went to other.
Ed

Voted Other. I use a combination of 3. Mag 12 on 2 returns, Mag 9.5 on a closed loop with SCWD, and Tunze 6000 on multi controler. (All in a 65 gal. :) )

6 MH12006 in alternating on/off stages. I have a 55 gallon. also have an iwaki for the return which pushes a good 750 gph of flow too.

If I had to do it again, I'd definately go closed loop.

Back