What does everyone do?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That is not funny Becky. I do not come laugh at you while you are at work following the circus elephants around with a shovel.:mad: Ok yes it is funny:lol:

I'm 48 and the executive chef of dietary in a hospital.
...and wishing I was a manwhore! LOL

30, and work for a communications company. Mostly, I build new schools. My scope tends to be fire alarm, intrusion, bells, clocks, network, sound system, television and anything else in the "low voltage" communications world.

Before that, I was the network admin for a school district. Yes, the firewall/router/server/back-end nerd. Strange progression, I know. I couldn't handle the office stress any more. The movie "Office Space" is my life, even the ending where he works in construction.

im 39-40 next month. i own a small heating ventilation and air conditioning company in a small town with a small paycheck, but my boss lets me do what i want when i want.:D my favorite work is custom sheetmetal like copper and stainless. i also instal lawn irrigation systems.

Brenden said:
That is not funny Becky. I do not come laugh at you while you are at work following the circus elephants around with a shovel.

That had me in tears i was laughing so hard! :lol:

Brenden said:
I do not come laugh at you while you are at work following the circus elephants around with a shovel.:mad: Ok yes it is funny:lol:
Now you did it. You let the cat out of the bag. You weren't supposed to tell anyone I did that in my spare time :shock:

i'm 26 and am an information systems coordinator for my washington state university.

and i just sold my motorcycle. R6... :(

I am a kept woman. I huck fancy guppies on aquabid. I have a bad back but I garden. I breed small colorful freshwater fish called killies and handpick their eggs out of yarn tassles that hang in their tanks, pack them in peat, and then sell them on aquabid and mail them out labeled as "aquarium supplies" all over the world, primarily to Asia where the red fish sell best for some reason. I play bass clarinet by myself because nobody thinks that is cool right now, but it was when I lived in Portland.

I used to do restaurant work and insurance claims, I'd quit one to do the other periodically when I couldn't take it anymore. Both are miserable but the money was ok. The restaurant work screwed up my back and shoulder, sitting at a desk screwed up my neck (I can't see real well so lean forward all the time, herniated a couple discs there and the rest are pretty wasted too). I am 36 and can't figure out what to do when I grow up.

Here's a typical guppy sale...
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/closed.cgi?view_closed_item&fwlivebearers1153688547
Weird huh? I wouldn't do this but a friend dumped bags of these fish on me and well, it's easy! I am setting up Tangee's son for this as well, he already envisions his vast empire of guppy madness that will make him a rich man by 21. It's probably a better thing for a kid than anyone like me, because I don't really actually like the guppies. Don't tell anyone!
Kate
Oly WA

Last edited:
Brenden said:
at work following the circus elephants around with a shovel

Had a similar job once, worked at a zoo circumsizing elephants. Pay wasn't much but the tips were big.
(Commercial Metal Roofing contractor):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sorry Becky. I let it slip. Do not feel bad though. That is a pretty cool job when you consider what Krish does. I know what he said he does but.....He is opening a new brothel in the Bahamas and is running it by hand until he can hire some girls.:p :badgrin: :badgrin:

Damn Kate, I never imagined someone would shell out $20 for a guppy, and then pay $30 on top of that to have it shipped to them.

Im 39 and the IT Manager for the National Marine Mammal Lab at NOAA.

I wanted to study as a marine biologist since I've been up to my armpits in saltwater pretty much my entire life. But after hearing in college that they don't get paid well unless they're researching bacteria DNA or some other boring niche, I changed my major to something more lucrative. I didn't want to get stuck feeding Shamu for the rest of my life. :p

Now I get the best of both worlds, decent pay as IT AND I get to play with marine animals.

Back