Votes: 125 59.0%
  • Plenum

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Starboard

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
Maui none you can take home or buy. If you are looking to go diving I would suggest Honolua Bay or Kahekili Park. As per coral, mostly pories, montipora and pocillopora

Mike

Mike - I was figuring on just using standard ceramic tile, a nice bright white color. Other than ceramic tile, what other materials is it made in?

Brad - The cutting board would work, but the access holes on my 75 aren't that big so I'd end up having to put 3 - 4 seperate pieces in there, and then have to fit them together and apply some silicone between the cracks. That is definately and option which I havne't ruled out; I just came up with this idea to use tile while looking at Elmo's tank pics of his Clarki fri and noticing that he had a piece of tile sitting amoungst the rocks.

Thanks,

Eliyah

Bare bottom here. After seeing first hand the amount of detritus my tank makes regardless of the extremely low fish bioload, I can't possibly see how I would go any other way.

Eliyah on the cutting board, you could use just 2 peices, say going from end to end?? You could get the thinner material and then just bend it into place.

Mike

5" dsb in the 65g and starboard in the 20h. Both tanks are a little over a year old, just waiting to see what I like better.

MikeS said:
sand.......

Who didn't know that? :lol: Your new avatar doesn't give your posts the warm fuzzy feeling like your old one did :D . j/k hehehe

NaH2O said:
Who didn't know that? :lol: Your new avatar doesn't give your posts the warm fuzzy feeling like your old one did :D . j/k hehehe

:lol: Thanks Nikki...I'm tired of being warm and fuzzy :D :lol: Just kidding, I'm always a warm, fuzzy kinda guy :rolleyes: ...actually, it's an experiment to see how many times mojo will vandalize my title before he grows weary of it.... :lol:

MikeS

White fine sand - I like the look better than crushed aragonite. The black sand is pretty neat looking too b/c it can hide detritus, but doesn't look as natural

What's been people's experiences with plenum and starboard? And what's the difference betwen the two? I was actually thinking about using white tile on the bottom of my next tank...those of you with deep sand beds, is it difficult to keep your water quality at optimum levels?

What's been people's experiences with plenum and starboard? And what's the difference betwen the two? I was actually thinking about using white tile on the bottom of my next tank...those of you with deep sand beds, is it difficult to keep your water quality at optimum levels?
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2670
Hey Jan here's a thread to start reading. It talks about different filtration and substrates.
HTH's, Soctt

I have a shallow sand bed (fine sugar sand) in my 54 corner bow front, and a thin layer of a rather coarse crushed coral. Not sure which I like better... :D

My tank is sand bottom (3") inches with softies and only a couple sps. I havent really had any problems with detritus. YAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!!!!!

Back