You might be a Hardcore Reef Keeper if.....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

This is WAY to much Fun :biggrin1:

You might be a Hardcore Reefer if...

• You refer to living things by their scientific names (ie, your corals) and you're not a scientist.

• You're comfortable showing up at someones home you have never met, in an area you have never been to, to buy stuff, and don't understand why your significant other finds it weird.

You might be a hardcore DIY reefer if you can explain this
110_2186.jpg

LOL I am going to go ask for 1 scallop tomorrow. I don't even have a predator tank!

What really gets them going is when I ask for 1 scallop, 2 shrimp and 1 clam. And I ask to make sure those are wild caught. *lol* I get some of the dirties looks for the guy at one place.

LOL,,,,

Peppy what were you routing?

SplBND I love it..Tell them you are on a diet. I went to the Asian market and bought one oyster for my DIY food. The cashier was like "What you do with this?"

You might be a Hardcore Reefer if...

• You put tons of fish, squid etc in a blender... freeze it... and call it food.

• You put more fluids into your reef tank in a day, than you put into your car in a year.

• Your wife will not allow you to go to the LFS alone any longer.

This thread is brilliant. My wife and I both got a good laugh out of this one and I had to admit to answering yes to a few of these questions.

Oh I almost forgot my all time favorite... You know you're a Hardcore Reefer if...

Everytime you go into a persons house/condo/apartment for the first time and you start thinking of where a tank could go and look good at in their place.

My wife always thinks I am crazy. Yep ReefCrazed

You might be a hardcore reefer if your wife just says "yep" when someone is coming over you;ve never met.

You might be a hardcore reefer if you get phone calls from a friend in the Bahamas and tell him to write textile instead of shrimp ;)

You might be a hardcore reefer if you wife never figures out why teh check book doesn;t balance....

You might be a hardcore reefer if you bought a 900$ camera and the justification was better pics for selling frags.

Well come on Lorrie...get after it.

You might be a hardcore reefer if you have a spreadsheet of every coral in your system.

You might be a hardcore reefer if you calculate lighting into your budget and cut costs eleswhere from life.

This thread turned out great! I love the quote on the MP40..... I am a huge Call of Duty fan so I got that one instantly!!! Please, Please, Please keep this rolling!

You might be a hardcore reefer if you have to take ativan or valium because a child just smudged there fingers on your fish tank glass!

Last edited:
Lol these are all pretty good and I thought that I would join in

You might be a hardcore reefer if..... you spend more time in front of your tank than you do the tv.
You might be a hardcore reefer if..... you don't want to move because you don't want to have to pay another pet deposit or risk your coral.
You might be a hardcore reefer if..... you run home, even though it is out of the way, to check on your tank.
You might be a hardcore reefer if..... you look up fish stores to visit when going on vacation.
You might be a hardcore reefer if..... you call in sick because you are receiving a package that day.

Last edited:
Well come on Lorrie...get after it.

You might be a hardcore reefer if you have a spreadsheet of every coral in your system.

HAHA...I resemble that remark....

You might be a hardcore reefer if...You have a freezer and an entire kitchen cupboard dedicated to fish food and supplements

You might be a hardcore reefer if...In every room in your house you can find either a tank in operation or aquarium equipment. including buckets...lots of buckets

You might be a hardcore reefer if...You have a supply of new light bulbs, new powerheads, new pumps, new heaters, new power centers, all on hand just in case.

You might be a hardcore reefer if...you look at your tank and realize you cant see hardly a square inch of the 100 lbs of live rock or the floor of your tank cause its covered in coral.....I need more real-estate

You might be a hardcore reefer if...you sit on the couch and wave at your fish and talk to them.....oh, no wait...that's a different type of reefer

Back