ZEOvit. Lets talk

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey, I'm not done yet read my edit Scott :D Also check The Reef Tank, the thread has 232 replies. Nothing on RC ? there are a few hundred posts on it :D I never said it does not work. I said it does not work the way they claimmmmm.

the science behind it I can go by what they tell us.

By what they tell you ??? There science says bacteria grow in the pore structures, HOW ??? there is not a bacteria anywhere near that size of the pores. Are they growing some kind of magical bacteria in those pores unknown to science, that are a hundred times smaller than any know bacteria on this planet. There is a company that sell Sea Blocks. They claim, by science, that know matter what the ion concentration is in your tank these block will keep it perfectly balanced. So get some and throw away that reactor, kalk, baking soda, trace elements, two-part, or what ever...they they have you covered ;) Do you have an AquaEquailizer, their science says it works?

Boomer said:
Hey, I'm not done yet read my edit Scott :D Also check The Reef Tank, the thread has 232 replies. Nothing on RC ? there are a few hundred posts on it :D I never said it does not work. I said it does not work the way they claimmmmm.

the science behind it I can go by what they tell us.

By what they tell you ??? There science says bacteria grow in the pore structures, HOW ??? there is not a bacteria anywhere near that size of the pores. Are they growing some kind of magical bacteria in those pores unknown to science, that are a hundred times smaller than any know bacteria on this planet. There is a company that sell Sea Blocks. They claim, by science, that know matter what the ion concentration is in your tank these block will keep it perfectly balanced. So get some and throw away that reactor, kalk, baking soda, trace elements, two-part, or what ever...they they have you covered ;) Do you have an AquaEquailizer, their science says it works?

No I didn't mean to say nothing on RC, I was saying I don't go on RC. I know there are a TON of posts on there. I was searching reeffrontiers.com and noticed there wasn't a lot about zeovit.. Sorry for the confusion :D.

I know you didn't say it didn't work, actually you said it does :D, just not the way they say. I am no scientist I can promise you that lol, I am a computer nerd by day and frag farmer by night :D. If you say it can't work that way then I have to go by what you say. All I know is it works for me. The water has never been this clean, and my corals have never looked this good, the wilds hold there color without any problems at all now. I know that Science changes daily so maybe it is possible for the bacteria to fit in there now? Or does science never change?

I would have to disagree with this.

You can't, I know who they were :D Especially one, Bluereef, even the ZeoVit promoters got tired of this guy.

I am the webadmin/creator of zeovit.com

Oh come on now that makes allot of sense

I just didnt want it to look like I was "trying to sell the product

Sorry Scott, I do not buy that at all :D

My issue with ZeoVIT is not that it does work, never said it can't, it is just that it does not work like they have been claiming. Even Alex and Bob do not really do not disagree on that.

Welcome Jeff :D.. The pics I was posting earlier are of Jeffs tank. He has been on zeovit for 8 months or so now. He has some of the best looking colors I have ever seen.

Boomer/Scott I have read most of those threads on the other boards and I do have to concede that they way zeovit was originally put forward didnt make sence. From thier the battles by both sides of the arguement just went down hill. Were not going to take that path here. I think what would be great would be to break down the system so that the process becomes clearer and not so mystical. Their are alot of folks that have been sucessful and so not so sucessful. Maybe we can make this system become more viable. I think that would help folks on both sides of the arguement. As per folks coming over to discuss, thats what it is all about here, just as long as they keep things on an intelligent level.

I am going to move this thread to the advanced topics forum

Mike

If you bring someone here, make it just Alex, I trust him and thing he is a great guy. I will leave this to Alex, to explain his side or it will just end up being more talking in circles. I do not wish to get into anymore zeovit threads until the company changes some of their theories :D

Sorry if I sound down on this product, it is not that, it is all the arguing going on the the misunederstanding of basic science issues.

Boomer said:
I would have to disagree with this.

You can't, I know who they were :D Especially one, Bluereef, even the ZeoVit promoters got tired of this guy.

I am the webadmin/creator of zeovit.com

I just didnt want it to look like I was "trying to sell the product

My issue with ZeoVIT is not that it does work, never said it can't, it is just that it does not work like they have been claiming. Even Alex and Bob do not really do not disagree on that.

But you said most.. That is only one ;)

Just didnt want you to think I was hiding who I am. I like to be upfront and open with people.

I started this thread as I was asked to, not because I wanted to make a buck. If I wanted to do that I would say hey nothing else works but ZEovit :D.

Maybe we can find out how it does work :D..

Sorry I can't find the pic of Alex's tank, there are just waaaaaaaaaaaaay to may threads to go through and it was not Alex that posted it.....

Last edited:
I like to be upfront and open with people

OK :D that is how Bob(IICR) got in trouble in the beginning :lol:He was a ZEoVIT USA distrib and did not say so ;).

If I wanted to do that I would say hey nothing else works but ZEovit

But I think allot and that would be a good troll, your way :D

Please invite Alex, tell him I'm here but the thread is all his. I want people to hear his side....I trust him

Sounds good, If Alex wants to come by that would add to the conversation. I have to agree that alot of smoke was thrown out at first and that has made this whole topic kind of spoiled. But that isnt going to stop us from trying to figure this thing out.
From looking at the tanks that I have seen that use this system, it is apperent that the systems do look nutrient low (big lack of algae and even surface algae) the corals do have nice coloration to me this is a function of light though, unless someone can make a good arguement on protien pigment enhancement. With the corals having this color it looks like thier has been a reduction of zoox population (which can cover the pigments with in the tissue of the coral) Now I can buy this but its does become risky when you are riding the line with what is the corals main source of food.

I would like to stay on the concept of how the system works. Not really worried about which source says what, but more on what the real story is.

Just so it is known I did ask Scott to start the thread, I am always interested in how things work.

Mike

I am by no means nearly as advanced as most of you that have posted here, so I hope my question isn't out of place. Please consider the source, and disregard as required. *grin*

When I've seen the examples given of the lovely colored corals achieved using this ZEO system, one thing seems to stand out to me and has left me with this question:
Is a key component of the ZEO system, not only the various ZEO-additives... but very high concentration of 15K-20K lighting, supplemented with even more Actinic???

I ask this because, unlike my tank where I have what I would call a more "natural day WHITE" look, all of these pictures seem to have a very high content of BLUE Actinic glow, which I understand accentuates the colors of our Corals.

Are my eyes just playing tricks on me here???

LakeEd said:
I am by no means nearly as advanced as most of you that have posted here, so I hope my question isn't out of place. Please consider the source, and disregard as required. *grin*

When I've seen the examples given of the lovely colored corals achieved using this ZEO system, one thing seems to stand out to me and has left me with this question:
Is a key component of the ZEO system, not only the various ZEO-additives... but very high concentration of 15K-20K lighting, supplemented with even more Actinic???

I ask this because, unlike my tank where I have what I would call a more "natural day WHITE" look, all of these pictures seem to have a very high content of BLUE Actinic glow, which I understand accentuates the colors of our Corals.

Are my eyes just playing tricks on me here???

Ed,
First, No your quesiton isnt out of place, we all started at one point, dont forget that. I have been at this since NO bulbs were the "thing" to use :D. Most of the people in the USA use the higher K bulbs, i.e. 15k-20k. Users in europe dont, I myself like the look of 10k bulbs, I dont use VHO or anything other then 10k. I may use some T5's as welll just so when the MH arent on I can see the tank. If you get a chance to read the ZEOvit guide, its recommended the use of 10k bulbs. For some reason Americans tend to love the color blue more then white, dont get me wrong I like 20k I just dont use them. I am trying out a 15k coralvue bulb, its his new one, so far it is ok. Chrisp white, not too bad. I would say its a mix 50/50 on 10k vs 20k users of the system.

Hope that helps some. :D

Scott

mojoreef said:
Sounds good, If Alex wants to come by that would add to the conversation. I have to agree that alot of smoke was thrown out at first and that has made this whole topic kind of spoiled. But that isnt going to stop us from trying to figure this thing out.
From looking at the tanks that I have seen that use this system, it is apperent that the systems do look nutrient low (big lack of algae and even surface algae) the corals do have nice coloration to me this is a function of light though, unless someone can make a good arguement on protien pigment enhancement. With the corals having this color it looks like thier has been a reduction of zoox population (which can cover the pigments with in the tissue of the coral) Now I can buy this but its does become risky when you are riding the line with what is the corals main source of food.

I would like to stay on the concept of how the system works. Not really worried about which source says what, but more on what the real story is.

Just so it is known I did ask Scott to start the thread, I am always interested in how things work.

Mike

Mike,
I was glad to start this thread, I hope everyone learns from this thread, me included.

Like you said in nutrient poor systems we have the lack of algae's. That is why a fuge is not necessry with the system. I will be totally honest here as I have been all along, I have lilttle to no algaes in my tanks. That is one of the main reasons i stated ZEOvit in the first place, I spoke to Gary and he said this will help out a lot with that, he wasnt lying. My fuge went to nothing, all of my algaes i was growing were not growing anymore. So I took them out, the rock is SUPER clean of algaes. I read somewhere that someone stated that ZEOvit users were keeping there corals on life support and on the brink of death, to that I have to LOL evertime I think about that. My corals have never looked better, if Deep Purple, Deep Blue, Yellows from out of this world are the brink of death, then Corals I am sorry to do that to you :lol:

I like the questions you ask Mike, I am very happy to see the way this thread is going. Open minded people that can talk like adults, this is lot more fun this way. :D

Boomer said:
I like to be upfront and open with people

OK :D that is how Bob(IICR) got in trouble in the beginning :lol:He was a ZEoVIT USA distrib and did not say so ;).

If I wanted to do that I would say hey nothing else works but ZEovit

But I think allot and that would be a good troll, your way :D

Please invite Alex, tell him I'm here but the thread is all his. I want people to hear his side....I trust him

Yeah I would never hide the fact that I sell it to anyone, I am proud to use it so no need to hide and be sneaky. I have been open since day one that I sell it. Wouldn't have it any other way :D.

I am not sure who Bob is though? Does he live in the US?

Boomer, I am very glad you post on this thread, you have been nothing but nice and that is great to see. I enjoy learning and when Scientists post I do learn! So please post as much as you would like to, this is good. I am glad you came in here, I trust your opinions as well. I will email Alexander right now and give him the link to this and get his ideas as well.

Regards,
Scott

Maybe we are on a roll :D

10K :D 15-=20 K :(

[Bob]

In one of your post and Mojo's you mentioned some named Bob.

There is a guy in the USA who is a distributor of ZEOvit, I thought his name was Bob, He was on our thread talking about ZEOvit, as if he was a every day reefer. Then I found out he was not but ZEOvit distributor. I told him it is against the rules of the board to be tooting about products you sell without saying so. He said he was sorry and did not know the rules and how could he correct himself ad start a Sponsor board. So, I showed him how to fill out the profile sheet, like yours where it says Sponsor. Sponsors should show themselves, when ever on a board and put such products and discussions on a Sponsor forums and not on open boards. You seem to be an Ok guy but it is a pet peeve of mine and Mojo knows why, of sponsors coming on boards hidden. When they do that and I find out, I am the last person you want to deal with, I'll tear them to shreds and won't be very nice about it. I see Mojo has moved it the Advanced forum, that is fine with me, as long as all know you are a distributor of ZEOvit....which all you post show, so you are SAFE in the water :D

Here is why

I just wanted to start a thread on here to talk about ZEOvit. I have been using the system since the first couple of months it was in the USA.

Sounds like a everyday reefer to me. I bought , I never looked at who you were, at all, till later. It should have read

Hi everyone I'm Scott and a distriutor of ZEOvit. I just wanted to start a thread on here to talk about ZEOvit. I have been using the system since the first couple of months it was in the USA.

Last edited:
EvolutionAquatics said:
You are correct; after this happens when you stir the media via the ZEOvit reactor the skimmer should then skim it out of the water. When you stir it is also releasing what is called Mulm, which is what we are feeding to the Corals.

Can someone explain the difference in freeing up the mulm from the ZEOvit reactor in comparison to turkey basting/blasting off liverock, and freeing up the detritus and bacteria associated with it, which in turn feeds the corals or is removed via skimmer?

Boomer we kinda snuck this one in on ya buddy. We were on another thread and it was getting diverted, so I asked Scott to start up a new thread so we could dive into all that is zeovit. Dont leave the thread either, Thier are a number of folks that are having sucess with this system. I would like to know what it is that is creating that sucess. When this product first came out I was told a scenerio that differs greatly from what I am hearing in the discription line.
Give me your take on what you think is creating or enhancing the coloration??

Nikki I think I have an answer to that but I wanted to dig into the system a bit more first

Mike

ok lets get some facts straight...

1. Bacteria does not live or transport itself into a zeolite rock. The rock is charged with certain elements that are waiting to be activated and exchanged for other elements in marine water. As Boomer said, it will NOT fit into these microscopic cavities/pores. Not even all elements fit into these cavities from marine water, only certain sized elements will. The bacteria WILL colonize on the rocks just like it does anywhere else. The pumping of the zeoreactor is what causes this bacteria and other debris to be shaken up and released off the rocks as it stops from any ion exchange until the area is open once again.

2. The zooxanthellae population relies on the health and stability of your aquarium. Mojo is on the ball with this and its not rocket science. There's a lot of factors that rely on the density of zooxanthellae on a coral from light intensity, temperature swings, and the nutrient environment you place them in. Oh one other thing.. the quality of light which changes pigment intensity (Kelvin color).

Hope that helps.

If this thread can stay stable, it's gonna go down in history. I'm tagging along because like everybody else, I just want to understand what makes it tick. Let's keep it on the level, this is great info!!! My .02

Back