~~10/21/06 Frag Swap at Salsa Factory~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

welcome aboard for the red bug club:) i had it for years,, i think is part of my tank,,you saw my tank what is looks like with the bugs,,and you know red bugs are no extra charge:) and the frag is your see you at the meet.
Thanks Brad,
It looked like one was still available, but I haven't been looking at this thread in over a week and the pages are 4x from then.

Bugs are Cool!! :badgrin:
Jon

Kendog - you got it. It's a pretty rad rock I have to say - everyone that comes over always thinks it is some bizarre breed of something else.. but nope, just big old hairy green mushrooms.

Please PM me your cell phone #, real name, and expected arrival time at the swap. I'll Pm ya back with mine. this will help me be organized at the swap.

Thanks,
Ben

Browned out tricolor

Please reserve in advance - will not bring to swap if not reserved in advance.

Browned out Tricolor colony - about the size of medium sized fist - $25. Originally purchased from a guy in snohomish a couple years ago for $50-$60. It did well initially with growth, and nice bright yellow extended polyps, nice bright purple tips, but now it is just brown :cry: :cry: :cry: If your good with brownouts (and I know there are some of you out there that have had great luck bringing these guys back to their original state), this is a chance to get a decent sized tricolor.

before and after shots below:

Before:
272513120_37dc343113.jpg

Now: (see where base is receeding a bit)

272513124_30552357a1.jpg

my theory is that it needs lower light. I currently have it in a 55 gal under two 250 MHs.
PM me

UPDATE: Sold to fragman

Last edited:
Fragman - consider it your's. Please PM me your cell phone #, and estimated time of arrival at the swap. thanks!

Class clown,
I was taught that a coral bleaching from bottom is a sign of not enough light. I was taught a coral bleaching from the top is sometimes a sign of too much light to quickly. Someone correct me if I am wrong. That is a nice piece.

Ed - I was taught the same (don't worry, your not crazy well at least not in that respect :lol: :lol: ).. that's what I can't figure out with this one. I've tried moving up in the water column and down.. neither seems to do much good for me. I figured it was just too much light no matter what. I figure maybe a change of venue would do some good.

Also - honestly, I've had it for a couple years now and once it browned out I didn't pay much attention to it. The bottom bleaching could have been caused because it was shoved in the back and maybe the bottom was in an area where it didn't get too much light or something.. Truthfully, I dunno, but that seems like a logical explanation.

Thanks for the compliments btw.. I've seen it in its glory days and it has a lot of potential for the new owner (reefman)!!!

Last edited:
Have some extra tanks not being used They need to be hosed out. Do you need them at the swap.

Last edited:
I totally forgot, I have tan body with Neon Green Polyps and RED MONTI Caps too!!!

Please reserve in advance.

first pictured are the mother colonies, then the frags.

Tan w/ neon green polyps moma
272989621_48452a95a0.jpg

Red moma
Note: Elmo says it's orange cap. I still say it's red , look at the frag pics below. You decide - either way its a nice color and you can have hours of fun challenging your friends on what color it actually is at home. ;)
272438293_36e5e01e65.jpg

Frags available (all roughly the size of a thumb, pics under actinics):

3 tan frags with neon green polyps (left to right cost = $6, $5, $4)
272989628_35b0582103.jpg

4 red monti frags (left to right cost = $6, $6, $3, $4) the $3 one is 3 small pieces glued together)

272989624_c384de2ea8.jpg

1 more small one of the red frags: View attachment 16791
More pix available on my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11603037@N00/

I can make more if there is a large demand

Pm me to reserve or with questions.
Ben

UPDATE:
$4 Red monti sold -CWBY416
$4 Green monti sold - CWBY416
$6 green monti sold (far left) - jezzeaepi
$5 green monti sold (middle) - Mr. Ed Hahn

Last edited:
Ohh.. and sorry, keep forgetting the oldie but goodies..

NEON GREEEN MUSHROOM ROCK

WARNING: these mushrooms are so bright, I have to show it to you in a small picture or else they might blind you. Open this picture at your own risk with protective eye wear, and only under the supervision of an adult :D :lol: :D

Details: small rock about size of small palm (i'd guestimate maybe a quarter of a lb). 5 neon green mushrooms attached.

$14

no actinics:
View attachment 16790
with actinics (I can't even get the camera to focus right there so green)
View attachment 16789

UPDATE: Sold - Le9569 -- John, thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:
Do you still have this moma? Price?
Thanks.
le9569

Le - The full Big moma is not for sale. HOWEVER, If your interested in a head bigger than that tiny one I have available for $7, I can probably frag you a single head for $12. let me know and I'll see what I can do for ya. I also see your local which means your welcome to come by my place if you don't want to meet at the swap.

Last edited:
Back