1000 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Lizardarm pointed me to a website that has filter bags to line a 5g bucket, so I think I'll go that route.

WHOO HOO! UPS came early!
Time to get to work!!!!

DSC_0047.jpg

I was going to raz you with the news that it was delivered to MY house instead..... oh well :)

Glad Christmas came early for you!
D

Brett, Not to rain on you Christmas. Call me on them heaters I have some bad news for ya.

Be sure you are running the heaters through an independent controller (like the Ranco). I am 2 for 2 in terms of having problems develop with the Jalli controllers.

Brett, Not to rain on you Christmas. Call me on them heaters I have some bad news for ya.

I have seen a couple threads on here about those exact heaters malfunctioning, (the thermostat) one guy's tank heated up to 95 degrees cause the controller messed up and didnt shut off:shock::shock::shock:

Matt

Well.... Thats not good news. I got a question. I got 4 48" bulbs and they flicker really bad. Any idea why? They are N.O. and its a standard shop light. I have wiggled and twisted the bulbs and cannot keep them running brightly.

I like the idea of a sock to help detrius as well as stop some of the bubbles I do this on my tank .

Coming along great Can't wait to see the tank running !!

I am curious though. Whats wrong with spa flex? Ive used it with no problems.

Well.... Thats not good news. I got a question. I got 4 48" bulbs and they flicker really bad. Any idea why? They are N.O. and its a standard shop light. I have wiggled and twisted the bulbs and cannot keep them running brightly.

Hey Brett, did You say your running them on a standard shop light fixture? because the vho lights for out aquariums draw much more power then standard flourecents, the ballast's in those fixtures probably are not strong enough...

Matt

I agree with Paul. I have spa flex installed in my system and have no issues.

What's up with spa flex?

I like the idea of a sock to help detrius as well as stop some of the bubbles I do this on my tank .

Coming along great Can't wait to see the tank running !!

I am curious though. Whats wrong with spa flex? Ive used it with no problems.

I agree with Paul. I have spa flex installed in my system and have no issues.

What's up with spa flex?

I was going to use some spa flex between the pumps and the hard piped PVC to reduce vibration transfer from the pump to all the joints and bulkheads... and reduce noise hopefully.

The stuff is so rigid I was trying to flex it the direction opposite it wanted to go and it slipped out of my hand and popped my right in the eye. I hate it cause its so rigid and difficult to work with. Its good stuff though, once its installed. LOL

Hey Brett, did You say your running them on a standard shop light fixture? because the vho lights for out aquariums draw much more power then standard flourecents, the ballast's in those fixtures probably are not strong enough...

Matt

I dont know man, they are not VHO's though. They are supposed to be 32 watt bulbs and the actinics are 40.

The stuff is so rigid I was trying to flex it

Soak it in HOT water first..... works like magic.

As for the bulbs....it looks like the 3 on the right are t12 and those to the left may be t8? If the fixtures aren't set up for it they will not fire t8's, and especially if you are trying to mix 12's and 8's.

snap! I thought t12 t8's were just different diameters and thats it. The shop lights are designed to fire t12's according to the box.

NEED AN ELECTRICIAN or ELECTRICIANS ADVICE

I need to wire a seperate 220 circuit across my garage. I dont care about any fancy conduit pipe, PVC is fine.

I am only running one of the two pumps and when I open my garage door it kicks the breaker.

I want to dedicate a 220 for the pumps. Is there anyone fimiliar with this procudure?

Anyone interested in doing it for some PURPLE PEOPLE EATER zoas???

Brett Danno hit it on the head. If its to much to soak you can try a heat blanket or I can come over with my torch and we can cook it.
PS ALWAYS USE SAFTY GLASSES or a football helmet.
Looking good pal :D :D :D.

I need to wire a seperate 220 circuit across my garage. I dont care about any fancy conduit pipe, PVC is fine.

I am only running one of the two pumps and when I open my garage door it kicks the breaker.

I want to dedicate a 220 for the pumps. Is there anyone fimiliar with this procudure?

Anyone interested in doing it for some PURPLE PEOPLE EATER zoas???

Hey Brett, I have ran several different 220 and 110 circuts in my new home for an air conditioner my chiller and a solo 110 (20 amp to run my aquarium). I would be glad to help you out..

Just give me a call..
I will pm you my number...
Matt

Back