1000 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I will chime in and say. Paint that purple crap with white-out. Who got primer all over the pipe, it looks like C*&*.
Thats for taking back them fittings. I had to put them away tonight :D:D:D:D.
PS looking good pal ;).

LMAO Tracy!! How goes the HD job?

Brett, things are coming along very nicely!! Plumbing looks great!! As you mentioned, bracing the plumbing underneath will be a great idea. Can't wait to see what your flow looks like. Also can't wait to see the sand in it!! BTW, here soon, I'll have to get with you on your sand supplier. I'm going to need some. Not near what you needed though...lol.

Skimmers are here and ready to be tested. Gonna run them in tap with vingear while I woulr on the plumbing some more tonight. You can see they have the secci pumps exactly as the BM's. woohoo.

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

Nice Skimmers Brett!

I would go with the Kilz, then a coat of white semigloss paint. Easy to clean and plenty durable. Tarp over the tank etc. when painting (I have some if you need :)
D

one last pic for the night. Got the manifold built and installed. Snapped a pic before I glued it in:
DSC_0042.jpg

Brett, I'm assuming you didn't use PVC Primer and Cement on that ABS pipe and fittings. At least I hope you didn't. Also keep in mind that ABS isn't pressure rated at all. It's not built for having any pressure behind it. It's meant for waste (sewer) lines. Uses a different cement than PVC. Does look like a great design though.

Dan, I was looking at the premium kilz. Its supposed to be used in kitchens, bathrooms and other mildew concern areas.

Brett, I'm assuming you didn't use PVC Primer and Cement on that ABS pipe and fittings. At least I hope you didn't. Also keep in mind that ABS isn't pressure rated at all. It's not built for having any pressure behind it. It's meant for waste (sewer) lines. Useso a different cement than PVC. Does look like a great design though.

No worries. I uesd abs cement. Some guy in the HD plumbing department helped me out with it..... Infact, the manifold was his idea, I think SRV is possibly using a similar setup. Its a gravity feed for my overflows so no worries on the pressure part.

No worries. I uesd abs cement. Some guy in the HD plumbing department helped me out with it..... Infact, the manifold was his idea, I think SRV is possibly using a similar setup. Its a gravity feed for my overflows so no worries on the pressure part.

Brett,
I wish I would have known you were doing that type of drain for your overflows I would have had you go to Lowes (sorry Tracy :eek:). They have 4" drain material in PVC. As for the drain concept, we started that when we set up Danno's tank. I stole every origional thought I ever had! Just ask Salmonslayer. I need to get over there and pick up the Pagoda, if you still have it. If not, no biggie. BTW, the tank is looking good.

Hey Brett, I have some paint normally used for decks that when it dries makes a waterproof seal. Let me know if this would help. PM me your #.

Cool man. Ill send ya my number now.

Brett,
I wish I would have known you were doing that type of drain for your overflows I would have had you go to Lowes (sorry Tracy :eek:). They have 4" drain material in PVC. As for the drain concept, we started that when we set up Danno's tank. I stole every origional thought I ever had! Just ask Salmonslayer. I need to get over there and pick up the Pagoda, if you still have it. If not, no biggie. BTW, the tank is looking good.

Yeah, its a pretty cool idea. Tracy laid it all out on the floor at HD so all I had to do is assemble it.

As for the pagoda, its yours! Let me know what works for you. I was really busy the other week and we never managed to meet up, but I am saving it for ya.
B

ok, manifold installed. today i added a pipe above the overflow to allow air to be sucked into the manifold to prevent it from slowing down. Installed with a threaded plug so that I can control the amount of air. I also piped in the 4" dump tube.

I had an idea of making a 5g bucket into a bubble difuser. I could also add LR rubble or a filter sock to slow down the bubbles even more.

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

oh, and everything else I need to get this tank up and running is being deliever tomorrow via UPS. Hopefully earlier than later as tomorrows my last day off this week.
Brett

Back