1000 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey I just noticed in the third picture on the first page that you park your STi in the same place as your sump. You might have to start parking nose in so that you aren't blowing exhaust at your sump each time you start up the 'boobaru
stickpoke.gif

Good looking out there. Thats what I had planned too. I dont wanna risk any funny business. Since the sumps been up and running I've been pulling in nose first.

I hear exhaust fumes from 110 octane are not shark friendly.. LOL

It smells awesome though, I love running race gas in my car. I'll pay the $7+ a gallon just for the exhaust smell. Widebands don't particularly like it though.

I'm running methanol injection so its race gas everyday for about 3.50 per gallon.
It smells awesome though, I love running race gas in my car. I'll pay the $7+ a gallon just for the exhaust smell. Widebands don't particularly like it though.

With the addition of the EXTERNAL overflow and the plumbing being located on the ends ONLY, I had to re-size the tank slightly. 127.375 x 60.375 x 30 which puts me at a meager 998 gallons. I wanted to be in the 1000+ category but oh well.

Think of it this way-- that 2 gallons made your wife happy. And a happy wife...well, you know.... you're married. :D:D

Great Tank size

Hi Brett been watching this thread and It look like quite a project. I look forward to seeing it come together. I would like to throw out a suggestion on the Tank unloading look into renting a extend a boom forklift there is allot of different Manufactures Gradall,JLG,Lull are some I see allot on construction sites they usually have a boom that can telescope out quite far over 20 feet and they would have no trouble moving this tank I know renting is costly but this will be a tank of a lifetime!
Check out the link...Jeff

http://www.jlg.com/en-US/ProductLin...otMenuId=d39badf6-70c2-4fa3-a03c-268cb1f085d7

Thanks Jeff, I'll look into that. Thanks for the link too! I'll make some calls this weekend.

So in post #4 ya got 11 feet being cut for tank viewing.
Now being the garadge that should be a load bearing structural wall.
Have you got some plans for supporting the roof ??

Also Is the tank over 500 lbs? You only said under 2500? how much under is it significant?
It might be doable to position the truck close to the stand in place in the garadge and then slide it.
You would need plywood and 4X4's underneath from under the truck to the stand and plywood. No Forklift. Been done many times with items around 1000 lbs and more.

Last edited:
yeah its around 1900-2300lbs. as for the viewing window, its not going to be a full 11' wide, but probably closer to 7'.

Just wanted to make sure the roof/house does not get damaged. I was hoping the truck could get close to the stands resting place and you could build at platform to slide it into place on out of wood.

Back