1000 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow that's a huge tank! I haven't been following the thread but what size are those Msx skimmers? Can they keep up with this system? Do you have alot of fish? O and what's up with that lighting too? Did you spend to much dough on everything else? Very nice setup still!

That's a fine how do you do, help get the tank in place and never invited over again!!!!! :lol: Looks awsome man, I would like to come check it out in real life.

Wow that's a huge tank! I haven't been following the thread but what size are those Msx skimmers? Can they keep up with this system? Do you have alot of fish? O and what's up with that lighting too? Did you spend to much dough on everything else? Very nice setup still!

They are the MSX250's and are doing more than enough for the system.

The lights are a combo of three 48" coralife 10k's, three 48" actinics, and three IKEA mini light pendants. The mini lights give the shimmer on the sand like halides do.

Where are the fish??
I see the little blue tang and the puffer maybe in the right corner.
Are there more fish in tank?

Lets see.... I havent added any fish in over a month.

The current stock list is:

The blacktip
2 cleaner wrasse
neon dottyback
Vlamengii tang
Yellowfin surgeon
snowflake eel
brown bamboo shark
black volitan lion
golden puffer
a$$ho1e damsel
And the tiny blue tang you sold me months ago Rob.

Cool ,the photo didnt show very many.
Seems like its become stable ,thats good.

the color on the bt looks sweet!

Keep up the good work :D

Having allot of other kinds of fish might be very enjoyable.

Imagine having various schools.

A wrasse school then an anthias school the tang squads etc. :)

Kinda long and no editing.... Sorry

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CP60qmCvuhM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CP60qmCvuhM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brett,

Great video and awesome feat that you are accomplishing! Very impressive. How often do you need to feed the little guy? I will have to get with you and check out a feeding in person sometime. You will have to start charging a viewing fee!

Be careful on the fingers:razz: - eh - the BT don't seem to be to forgiving.

:)

Cool video Brett. Thanks for sharing! That shark sure becomes a lot more active at feeding time!

wonder why I can't see it? When I click on the frame, it says "Sorry...this video is no longer available."

IO Salt buckets for $49

A Red Sea Aquarium has IO for $49 and Reef Crystals for $59.... no shipping :D We have the GM and several other Petco employees buying salt from us.

Back