125 progression thread

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nice pics! Adam you gotta teach me how to shoot in the RAW and how are you getting so close without a zoom or macro lens? Is the pic digitally zoomed in?

not digitally zoomed just cropped down a touch and white balance corrected in the raw form..
Any time sarang..
BTW I think my pics are a bit blurry cause my glas sis not spotless clean!:
)

not really I actually get a pic prolly 4200 pixels wide..
I crop out some of the back grund sometimes as much as 80% of it..
But it is still too big so I shrink it down to the longest run is 800 pixels x (usually 500-600)
The pics come off the camera HUGE!!

playing with clean glass and my soul searcher favia
and a few others..
Along with new newest fish

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

playing with lighting tonight..
I guess a black light DOES make corals and rock look cool
My rock is soo dark red in this thing
this first one is my pink chalice and the one with the SPS , the middle one is actually my purple bonsii!
blacklight014.jpg

blacklight026.jpg

blacklight029.jpg

blacklight032.jpg

blacklight035.jpg

blacklight037.jpg

that was one of those 48"ers prolly the size of a VHO bulb a T-12
the only thing is I like the LED's better.
The black light makes the water look clowdy :)

is that what those flashlight led's were? Blacklights? I was wondering what they were. I'd like to build a strip of those for my tank.

Group buy leds?

no those were UV led's the one over Todds (cherrycorals) tank were "ROYAL BLUE" led's
I was gonna do a UV led retro deal but after thinking I don't know what the long term effect or Ultraviolet light would be on my corals SOOO I'm gonna try and ROCK the Royal blue instead.

Im looking them up right now. I say lets try. I bought one of the ice cap LED strips and its amazing. I want to build a UV strip and turn it on strickly for parties or when we are sitting around looking at the tank for a really LONG time, like we did that night at your house.

Back