1guydude 300g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looks like you got some pretty hardy sticks in there. Good choice for starting out. Can't wait to see this tank grow!

Reefing is a state of mind, Nana? Some people think I've lost my mind, lol.
It is looking great, Devin.
Personally, I think we all have.... I mean, a lot of times reefing is just like just lighting money on fire just because you like to watch it burn....

Thank u halmus. I tried. Means a lot to me. I thought ur 120g sps tank was very succesful and beautiful.
Hopefully i can try and mimic that like i should have on my older set ups.

Thank u for the nice comments guys and gals....
I think we as reefers value things diffrently or view certain aspects or obligations a lil diffrent yes
Lol
D

Preparing for my wc. Gonna b sweet not hauling buckets or manually pouring it. Lol
Wc is set up so i can gravity feed right outside and than a 3/4" screw on adapter for my pump to pump it back in the tank from the sw. :)
D

well shoot. I went out to get an auto top off yesterday and came back with some corals. LOL
Today is the 1st day of dual skimming. If its a reality that you can over skim. I intend to find out.
-d

Any idears on how to hang the lights? Id.like em to be hung in between the two boards they are resting on...
I was thinking angle metal
D

My first thought would be to use 2 pieces of 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" aluminum angle. Might have to find 2" x 2" for load bearing. Or 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" aluminum square tube.
Span the opening like you did already.
Drill 4 holes in both pieces to match up with the holes in the top of the lights.
Then find 8, 316 stainless machine screws that has the same thread pattern. When I'm looking for a very specific screw/bolt thread pattern I go to Tacoma Screw.

If you use metal, I would only use aluminum. I've seen some aluminum angle at Lowes, but most of it was pretty flimsy. Got to be careful that whatever you use doesn't flex and drop the lights in the water.

I need a piece of this bosch aluminum framing. That and cpl U shaped clamps to screw it down

Mfinn u think i should attach em instead of hanging?
Thxs
D

Back