1guydude 300g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What is the plan to get it in the house?
I'm assuming you don't have any 4' wide doors.
Plans to remove a sliding glass door?

Lots of raw muscle and iron grit.
This isn't for the faint of heart. MMfinn if u r not comfortable I understand. We could use a supervisor or manager type if n1husker doesn't make it.
D

Lots of raw muscle and iron grit.
This isn't for the faint of heart. MMfinn if u r not comfortable I understand. We could use a supervisor or manager type if n1husker doesn't make it.
D

I will do everything in my power to be there.

All my fish and whats left of the LR is going in here! Thxs Deb aquanaught. Should of never sold mine to iroll chase
Lol
D

Last edited:

Rock I get to play with.
Gonna pressure wash it and boil it.
Than macro rock cement. I'd like a nice pier with branches and overhangs.
D

Rock I get to play with.
Gonna pressure wash it and boil it.

D

I would not boil it. I have heard too many horror stories about boiling rock.
I would bleach it.
Using bleach will remove any dead matter on the rock and make it very clean and white.

i agree on not boiling it.. You could ask Duane about the muritatic acid bath too.... if i'm remebering correctly that is, I think he posted about even doing his equipement in it...

I don't really want bleach near my equipment or sw stuff. Is it natural or organic? Lol. Serioisly?
I've used white vinegar in the past with good results.

I've been warned by fb not to boil my rock. The acid doesn't seem natural to me either... with the boil. I was thinking turkey pot and burner outside.
Idk. We will c.

Tanks home. :)
I need to.chill. lol. Everything ready. Just about or as ready as can b. Lol
D

Devin, I have done the bleach thing many different times.
I do the overnight bleach soak at about a cup of bleach per 5 gallons of water.
Then once the rock is clean and devoid of any plant matter ( or junk coral), I rinse it and then do a strong dechlorinator soak in a product like Prime for 24 hours.
Then air dry for another 24.
The bleach really is completely gone at this point.
I've done many times and know and have read about tons of others who have done this with great results.

But in the end if you are not comfortable with the process, then I agree with you.

The acid bath is really designed to remove phosphate from surface layers of live rock. It does clean it a little, but not as much as bleach.
This one you have to do outside. Fumes are hazardous.

Even outside I personally would not boil live rock.

Glad to see Mojo's work bench at your house. I think it will be much easier to lift the tank and lay it on it's side ( on Styrofoam) on the mobile work bench and then push the whole thing through the door opening.

Just got home after a long day.
Thxs for your help today.
I know lots of Thanks.
But. The tank is amazing.
I'm excited. I'll post up some of the pix.
D

Back