1guydude 300g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Got my big Boi closed loop pump home.
Remember the tank is 4ft wide.
I really don't know if the pump.is a good one or a bad. I just hope it pumps a lot and holds water. It was a good deal.
D

Just a heads-up, I would order on hand the replacement seal kit. Sometimes they take time to re-seat themselves all the while seaping enough to crystalize the salt around the shaft. allow yourself the ability with shut-off unions to extract the motor for future repairs every 2-3yrs. Have done this twice on my Reeflo SGD.

progress is good :)
You have powerhead or something going in that water in the tank?

good idea about the replacement back up seal!
No, no powerhead turning the water yet.

i have to do a wc on my stock holding tank. Next up i want to see the acrylic teeth piece installed and im going to get going on my wood and skin. Thinking ill make a light holder out of bosch metal framing and use wood to skin it. The wood cover box will have triangle pieces in the corners to allow it to either sit on the tank or maybe ill attach it to the wall. I havent decided.

Bleach, vinegar, and fw bath will be prob 4-5days each soak. If that makes any sense. lol

Stagnant water like to grow gunk D... Your call of course, but unless I have water in a sealed opaque container, I have 'something' stirring it....

Ya. I'm aware my 0tds Rodi is sitting stale and stagnant. Soaking everything up it can out of the air.
It's okay. Probably not as bad as my dirty sand I dumped in. I cleaned it but not enough. Shoulda probably bleached it as well.

As long as I'm not continuesley adding silicate or high tds water I should be good in the long run.

I'm probably gonna have a mid cycle phase. Meaning medium to High amonia and nitrates.
D

Good deal Devin. I figured you knew what you were doing. Its always a weird line you walk when you post/type at someone you know has experience.... Its like you know you are telling them something they already know... but when your thinking about a 100 things doing a build, sometimes stuff gets overlooked.

D You should consider adding a garden hose fitting to your CL pump drain line or at your return line. You will want to drain your tank a couple of times if you are going to have that stagnate water and sand in there for very long. That will cause issues in the long run.

I drained mine 3 times with freshwater before I added a salt mix. 2-3 days for each cycle.

Yup it'll be on there! I'll have an inlet and outlet like that.
I will be using true union ball valves and gates as well I think
Lol
D

The water sitting in it is brackish lol. I should test it with the refractometee but na.
I'll probably fill it the rest of the way when I plumb it and test the leakage and sump and such.
I have two box's of IO waiting....
(Muhahaha)
-d

The water you see sitting in the tank is just leak test water. It will be emptied and Re filled with Rodi water when start up time comes.
D

Im most likely gonna go with the regular white stuff from mclendons. I dont see any purpose for it other than cosmetic or asthetically pleasing myself. LOL
just sayin. Thanks though.
-d

Im most likely gonna go with the regular white stuff from mclendons. I dont see any purpose for it other than cosmetic or asthetically pleasing myself. LOL
just sayin. Thanks though.
-d

Nothing wrong with pleasing yourself.

White pvc plumbing jobs can look nice too.
Using lacquer thinner to remove the black markings on the pvc will make it all shiny white.
Use clear pvc cleaner and glue will keep the purple stains from showing. Using a rag to clean excess glue after it's oozed out of the pvc joint will also help keep the project clean looking.

Man mfinn you always have a good point!
Deff not a bad thing. Good tips and things I probably would never think of....don't answer that. Lol
-d

Back