1guydude 300g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Okay. Mike came by today. Installed the teeth.
Got somewhat of a plumbing plan down.

Also a $500 offer and rifle on my old tank. I wanna keep the sump though. Lol we will c

D

Are you planning on putting a canopy on the tank D?
I've been wondering how you were going to plumb those 'top' closed loop holes...

yes im thinking canopy with triangle corner pieces. It will be a 4 sided box (no lid) resting on the tank. I may attach it to the cieling or wall idk.

My plumbing will sit 4-6" above the tank probably. My main concern is having the flow even and coming out all 4 loc line outputs evenly. It will reduce down to 3/4" and i will, have a cpl gates up top to help disperse the flow hopefully. I may need to install some reducers says mike. We will c.
:) its coming together slowely but surely.
-d

on a usual side note. Its friday! And a real weekend for me! :) Happy friday everyone!
my CL guy flaked. :/
thats ok. Mike said i can take the tank to the shop and hopefully someone will buy it there. Im planning on using both my old sumps and run a dual sump combo!
muhahaha
-d

Are you going to connect the 2 sumps with PVC and bulkheads? Will your skimmer run external or internal? will your fuge or return tank be separate?

Where do I start. Lol
Sump tanks won't b connected. Will be a 50b and 29g aquarium.
The drain will T and split at the sumps. 50b will house all mechanical filtration. The 29g will be a fuge for more LR bigger chunks. Going to run both skimmers internally hopefully. Both sumps will be returning water back up to 1 of the return holes.

Last edited:
That will be quite the challenge to balance out two sumps with 2 returns, without joining the 2 sumps.

I agree.
The only way I see it working is if you restrict the smaller sump return flow with a valve. And then, when you do that you are creating another set of potential problems.

It's gonna be interesting to say the least. It's just something I'm gonna have to deal with when it comes. Like the CL.

The two sump plan is just temporary until I can afford a nice big fancy sump.
D

Swapped a batch of rock to vinegar and started bleaching the rest of the rock I plan to use. Gonna buy some shelf and a cpl tree style ones. Also got most of my equipment cleaned up today and washed my dogs. Yaaaay. Lol
d

Idk. Nasty though lol.
I'm gonna end up taking all the Sand out. I think I'm gonna use a pink sand. Not sugar and not crush coral gravel. Somewhere in between.
D

Dolphin didn't make it :/
Gonna go edge my mom's yard today and get her truck.
Going to mclendons for wood and magnets and a bit to recess the mags.

Also got some new big chunks of rock. Perfect for coral ppedistools. Lol
Ordered $125 in plumbing parts. When they arrive, I should be just a going going going.
Time will tell.
D

Gonna have to post some pics of my giant rocks I got.
My bleach metal trash can mixer pump ran dry. Ooops. Still plugged in when I found her. RIP mixing pump I used for the last 2-3yrs.
D

Back