240 Donkey Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here's one of my few SPS frags that hasn't browned on me, although the coloring is still not what I'd like it to be... under 400W XM 20K here.

Acro.jpg

And another one of "Pinkie". He decided to spawn tonight so he climbed to the top of the rocks, took off all his shells, and let loose.

Pinkie.jpg

Here's one of my few SPS frags that hasn't browned on me, although the coloring is still not what I'd like it to be... under 400W XM 20K here.

Acro.jpg

And another one of "Pinkie". He decided to spawn tonight so he climbed to the top of the rocks, took off all his shells, and let loose.

Pinkie.jpg

Nice stuff slick, just be patient, it'll come around!!!!:D

Thanks Charlie. If there's anything this hobby has done for me, it's teach me a new definition of "patience". That and get me really, really wet.

I got Pinkie over the summer at Indoor Reef. He's lots of fun. Only problem is you gotta glue those frags down right away or else he'll walk off with them!

yeah I had a white one but during a disaster with a broom and a tank he didn't make the move to the new tank
JR
p.s. thanks for letting me know where you got it, do you know if they have them regularly?

Don't know for sure, I rarely make it to Tacoma. I'd give them a call! I'm sure you could get pretty much any LFS to find you one, I don't think they're especially hard to obtain.

slickdonkey did real slick worked

Wow!! we went to tour slickdonkey tank to day,,it is worth the trip to see his set up ,,everythings automate unbeliveable overwheilming,,,auto water replacement all lighting option all the brain work under the house don't even hear the hummmimg from the pump,,so quite it,lighting set up ,,on and on,etc,,,gonna come see it to yourself all life stock looks real healthy,very nice work nowonder you name yourself slickdonkey,thank you so much to show off yourtank and for the tour.:)

My pleasure Dang, and thanks for the pointers! Took the filter sock off tonight and will reposition a few of the corals per your suggestions and see if it solves some of my problems.

This is Pinkie's buddy Pokey. Not to be outdone, tonight he climbed the highest rock in the tank, took off all his shells, and tried to impregnate pinkie from across the tank. It would be more efficient if these guys just got a room.

Here he is erupting like a volcano.

Fish398.jpg

Time for an update. You purists can slap me, I put an angel fish into my tank. Yeah maybe it wasn't the best idea but he's a great fish. He does like to nip at hydnophora and occasionally at xenia, but overall it's not bad. The corals still look pretty darned healthy. He's about 5-6", the boss of the tank for sure. I would call him... semi-aggressive. By that I mean he has a superiority complex but hasn't physically hurt anybody.

Fish386.jpg

Fish387.jpg

Here is the xenia I spoke of. Getting big.

Fish351.jpg

... and purple gonzei?

Fish399.jpg

Scroll coral, at least what's left of it...

Fish397.jpg

Another nice purple-tipped acro from Dang...
Fish372.jpg

Back