240 Donkey Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

New clam from Barrier Reef. I wonder how it would go with lemon and linguine...

Fish392.jpg

Flame Hawk... "LET ME OUT!" ... hasn't eaten my shrimp yet:
Fish393.jpg

Fish378.jpg

Hey Brian - my guys still in quarantene? If yes, when do they get to join the rest of the club?

Actually I have already put them in after treating them. My corals never seem to enjoy their time in quarantine that much, so they are looking a little brown. They always start to color up in a month or two though, and I'll take some pictures then to give a true representation! The red monti bleached upon moving it to the display, but a little piece of it survived so I still have hopes.

Very good looking fish! Will have to make the looooong drive some day and see your awesome donkey style tank and set-up.

You're always welcome... it is quite a drive.

Hats off to you for posting that you put an angel in your reef. That took guts.

Yeah, guts or stupidity, haven't figured out which yet... :lol: Seriously, the angel has behaved about as well as could be expected. He does sample pretty much any coral I put in the tank, but he quickly learns what he likes and what he doesn't... and he doesn't touch the LPS or SPS, with the exception of the hydnophora. That seems to be his favorite snack and I may have to get rid of it.

Anyway, I hope he won't be too aggressive towards new arrivals. I had ordered a juvenile but they sent me this big guy instead :eek:

Here's the firefish I got from kendog261. He is in quarantine as a precaution, but he is eating well and seems healthy. I'll probably put him in the display in a few weeks.

IMG_5368b%20(Medium).jpg

nice looking fish man. How long have you had him???

The jawfish? Yeah he is a lot of fun. I've only had him about a month. He has moved burrows several times; I think the big fish kinda freak him out.

Sure looking fine, you come a long way from just a year ago!

Yes, it has been quite a journey! Thanks to all the great advice I got here while setting this baby up, I hope to have continued success into the future.

Back