250gal Island tank project

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Great pictures! The fish pictures turned out really well. I love that mystery wrasse. Is he a copepod eater?

Great pictures! The fish pictures turned out really well. I love that mystery wrasse. Is he a copepod eater?

I have a mated pair. I will post a picture of the female when I get a decent one. They both are eating very well. I am feeding them Formula One, Two, and mysis shrimp. I also have Arctipods (cocopods) as a treat for my fish a couple times a week. I don't want them to get dependent on them. They seem to enjoy the variety!

Mark,
I did not see you at meeting. I saw your wife for a second. But you were somewhere in Frag Land searching for more goodies. A pair of Mystery Wrasse, That would be Awesome! Cool pictures, Again, I wish my tank looked as good. Please keep the pictures coming.
Ed:)

Here are a couple more coral pics of my brain and leather...

Corals%2005.JPG

Corals%2006.JPG

Mark,
I did not see you at meeting. I saw your wife for a second. But you were somewhere in Frag Land searching for more goodies. A pair of Mystery Wrasse, That would be Awesome! Cool pictures, Again, I wish my tank looked as good. Please keep the pictures coming.
Ed:)

Yeah we swooped in and out real quickly... I wanted to stay but unfortunately we had alot going on that day. It was real hard to leave. It sounded like another great meeting. Thank you for the summary on the lighting presentation you shared in another thread!

This Green Slimer (Bali Tort) is from Barrier Reef. I hope this someday looks like Class Clown's! I haven't yet decided exactly where to mount him and I also want to add some more LR so he is still resting on his 'peg'.

green%20slimer%20-%20bali%20tort.JPG

YEEESSSS Mark! and mine started just like that. except it was not as cool shaped as that one.

Love those macro close ups. Can you post another one of your full tank shot please. Also that brain in your avatar is rediculously cool looking. I'm not sure I've ever seen one like that before. Can you please post a slightly zoomed out version of that so I can see what the whole thing looks like.

Okay sorry for the delay in posting the full view pics. I just shot these quickly this afternoon. I didn't do much to even check for focus so I hope these turn out... Each picture is from a different side of the island.

View looking from my kitchen
Fullview%203-23%20%2001.JPG

View from the left end
Fullview%203-23%20%2002.JPG

View from the right end
Fullview%203-23%20%2004.JPG

View from living room
Fullview%203-23%20%2003.JPG

I probably should have made the pics a little bigger... it is difficult to see the frags. This one shows of the brain coral and my Kole Tang and Mystery Wrasse cruising by...

Fullview%203-23%20%2005.JPG

I have 80lb more of LR going in this weekend. I plan to build up around the center overflow some more and make some more tunnels coming out to one or two of the corner CL returns.

Very cool :D

I love the how you take so much time to do things right...Your tank is deffinently one to check out before seting up another one.

-augustus

Live Rock finally enough?

Okay I just finished adding another 80lb of LR to bring the total to about 240lbs. This is just a tad under 1lb per gallon. Most of the LR is from Marshall Is. and is extremely porous. So much that the fish have an incredible number of places to bed down at night not to mention a bunch more cruising holes and channels to explore.

Here is another set of full tank shots showing the new look.

From the kitchen...
Fullview%203-28%2001.JPG

From the left side (kitchen)
Fullview%203-28%2002.JPG

From the right side
Fullview%203-28%2003.JPG

And from our living room...
Fullview%203-28%2004.JPG

Back