300 gallon TRUVU CUSTOM

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Your getting good peppie a tank with handles ..............:) :humble:

You have inspired me to do some small acrylic stuff my friend!

Thanks Spinner
My mind can not fit into a box! I find myself outside more times than not! LOL

Just got back to the forum. I will post the other project on the Frag Tank Build now.

I finally found the Pump skimmer pump. Sedra ksp5000 spe5? Correction: The protein skimmer model is RSA 250.2

Cant wait to see this tank up and going. Is it going in a wall? What size chiller you going to use? Or are you going to build a custom chiller using acrylic and leds?

Just putting finishing touches on sump and dry fitting last of plumbing..next weekend i will glue all plumbing and the following weekend fresh water run!!
IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

OMG!!!!

I hope you realize 90% of the people have NO IDEA what you have created!!!!!
My jaw is still setting on the table. ( 18'' below my upper jaw )

There has got to be a thread "somewhere" Going where no man has gone before..
You have given me a whole new meaning to the word "petitions" (sp)
My HAT is off to you for the time and ingenuity you have put into this build " thus far "

Your oxygen levels are much thinner than what I am breathing!!! LOL

Thanks peppie! I do know that but the more i finish the more hobbest can see/understand what i am doing. I have put alot of time in my sump with all the little ideas....then finding/buying part's.....then building:lever:

Here is the tie-ins from sump to my DT overflow's x 2 - 1 1/2"

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

I can hear the water now.....but not to loud:):spit:

Wow what a sump. Granted I have no idea what I'm looking at but I think it would make a mad scientist very happy :)

What type of reactors are going to be powered by that beast? Sorry to ask what is most likely a stupid question but I feel like such a newbie looking at your build. You are on a much different level of reefing then I am :oops:.

Thanks Derbird, each colored gate valves run a different color matching reactor. I am waiting on the final colored hose's now for the reactors i have finishedso far.... been a long dream:) I have 17 gate valves and 14 ball valves at this point, lot's of flow control to many different things.

Thanks for the feed back:)

Picked up a skimmer to use for my cycle while i save some ducketts for my dream skimmer:) This skimmer is a Euro Reef RXS 250 1262 recirculating.

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

Questions and comments alway's welcome:eyebrows:

Reactors RED & YELLOW dry plumbed now to finish BLUE & BLACK:)

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

Finished the eight gate valves for my close loop.
IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

It's Alive,, It's Alive!!!
I must say I Like Your Hose.

BTW I noyiced a couple of ball valves that need a little touch-up LOL

Looks awesome man

Very impressive setup! If the Euro Reef is just a temp setup, you could have gotten a better deal with an ASM. Same needlewheel pump, same design, just different acrylic. Since a skimmer isn't under any pressure, lower strength material works fine. I used the ASM on my 340 gallon for years, fantastic product for the price!
If you decide to sell the Euro Reef once you get your dream skimmer, I may be in the market for a big skimmer by then. Keep me in mind as I will be looking to "recycle" as many used parts as I can find!
Once again, your build looks great, I am following this!

Thanks guy's it is comming together.......just slower than i had hoped.............darn all these DIY's:)

Might be coming along slower than you would like, but your doing a great job on it. I cant wait to see this all in action.

Thank you IPisces:) It was alot faster when i had my shop and quality acrylic workers i would just say build me this and that afternoon it was finished. Now i still say that but most of the time there is no answer back:) lol Knowing this would be my last big custom build i kinda wanted to do something special/different. Once i play with this system for awhile and learn what i want i will give this system away to a local school as with my others. That is if they can work it into their budgets??????

Let me try this again without breaking the rules:)
smiley-butt-whoopin.gif
I sold my Reeflow Dart pump and changed my order from two Water Blaster 16000 pumps, then bought three Languna MaxFlo 4200gph pumps. These use the Askoll pump motor made in Italy at 160 watts. I will use one in my sump(left in pond cage) and two with my close loop.
Laguna Max-Flo Pump Analysis by Water Arts Consulting - YouTube

I will make some pump stands for them so they look like their cousins the ATB's:)

Back