312 Gallon Tank Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hi Peppie
Ya I have two feet between tank and the wall, enough just as long as I don't eat too many donuts! I so far have had no cycle, figuring cause of water volume and already cured rock. I have a qt tank setup in the garage. I placed a fish order here is what I am getting

20 Red Spot glass cardinals
5 Springeri Damsels
1 mystery wrasse
6 whipfin fairy wrasse
1 scotts fairy wrasse
1 Tomini Tang
1 Cheveron Tang
1 dragon pipefish

Currently looking for 3-5 assessors

Looking at the picture, it appeared you had about 8'' to squeeze in there.

I kinda thought you would be adding some more fish. Are you going to spread out the additions?

I would keep an eye on your cycle, and have a bunch of fresh saltwater at the ready.

Great work, You should be very proud.

Yes i got a QT tank setup in the garage. The fish are all coming in one order (better deal) I have 55 gallons of saltwater ready to go and another 55 gallons of fresh water :) Tonight i plumb in the calcium reactor. Not sure about turning it on yet since my levels are pretty high at the moment. Cal - 500, Alk 10, Mg 1500. Im sure this will go down once things settle in. Still have the kalk reactor to also plumb in, doing that tonight also. Then just some little things.
Biggest problem so far is trying to keep the tank warm. I have two 300w ebo jager heaters. Both are turned up to 86 degs, but by the time the water makes it to the tank the temp in the tank is only 76. So i added a third heater to the tank last night. The temp is now up to 78.

VERY VERY NICE collection of Corals Clams and Fish. And Stunning except for the small detail of NO SAND... Sorry, no it's easier but....

​Cheers, Todd

I gotta love my bb :) Its worked out well for years for me. Give it a year though and it will be a coralline bottom tank. Thanks for the compliments guys

Today looks like a good picture night... so here we go
gb sasquatch millepora turning pink with teal polyps should be interesting

mystic montipora

jf jackolatern is hungery!

orange psammacora

jf ppe cyphastrea

age of aquariums only at jareds cyphastrea

darth maul porites

atlantis strawberry cap

upscales microclades

astreopora

cali tort

reddish pink millepora starting to get orange tips

aculeus maybe? and rastas

tubbs montipora stellata

fungias

last twilight dragon

Awesome collection of corals and clams. Thanks for taking the time to post pics.

New goodies today, several little frags to grow out

copps rainbow undata

Tridacna alley

This one i pee'd myself a little when i saw it in the store... had to have it!

Back