312 Gallon Tank Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It doesn't take much 3/16 drill upward just below water line so it shots down:) Don't forget to try it after you drill...lol

Pictures of the completed tank before it gets moved
IMAG0355_zpsf9cb2715.jpg

IMAG0356_zpsaa66530d.jpg

Man you are raising the bar with this build.....WELL DONE Stylaster:) There sure is some quality craftsman here at RF

I dont really see the point of dumping this much time and energy into building a tank that you cant see into! The brown paper on the sides is an interesting touch, is that so the fish can have some privacy? lol

Ahhh now THAT makes perfect sense. Do you have to use reef safe markers to draw? I suppose you could use Krylon but all the stores on the west coast seem to be out of it for some reason.

Ahhh now THAT makes perfect sense. Do you have to use reef safe markers to draw? I suppose you could use Krylon but all the stores on the west coast seem to be out of it for some reason.

This made me laugh..........thank you! I am just glad no one can see my paint cabinet but i will post a pick of all the empty cans when finished:)

I dont think i can fit anymore coral into the frag tank for holding lol
frag3_zps0d7b9244.jpg

clamfam_zps2e72d592.jpg

frag2_zps611063b5.jpg

frag1_zps30f2aeca.jpg

The 120 as it looks now, almost empty
tank-1_zpsbcc8f9b0.jpg

The lights for the new 312. 4 radions and a kessil 350w
lights_zpsf5aa3e04.jpg

Since your moving things this weekend how's next Saturday to setup the Apex? Let me know if that works because the only Saturday I can't is the 20th of this month I have plans. And if you need some place to store those extra corals let me know I have some room:rockon:

Here is the tank in its new home
IMG_0745_zpsd4c25ca3.jpg

IMG_0739_zpsc6e34eba.jpg

IMAG0363_zps5d5cad05.jpg

Here is a shot of the lights
IMG_0746_zpsb2f0fd29.jpg

IMG_0740_zpsdece8111.jpg

Here is the plumbing that im working on
IMG_0744_zps2327ddeb.jpg

IMG_0743_zps55788f8d.jpg

IMG_0742_zpsae803072.jpg

IMG_0741_zps688d4445.jpg

Man, you have been busy.
Are you going to support the lines running to your Seaswirls? Seams like it would create undo pressure twist on you euro-brace.

Can you get us a couple of shots of the finished trim on the stand?

im going to setup some kind of loop the main line to them comes in. I am also worried about that pressure. Especially since the seaswirl brackets are whats holding the whole thing up. I might design some acrylic braces and glue to over box after the unions to help support also

im going to setup some kind of loop the main line to them comes in. I am also worried about that pressure. Especially since the seaswirl brackets are whats holding the whole thing up. I might design some acrylic braces and glue to over box after the unions to help support also

I should of figured you had already addressed that issue in your head. I just had to ask. LOL

Stand Trim Pic Soon??

Back