4" x 36" air driven skimmer question's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Spinner

Reef
Building 2 - 4" x 36" air driven skimmer's and need to decide on the air pump and also which air diffusers. I like Alita pumps along with their 6" air diffuser the Sintered brand.....but maybe a Boss Hog micro pore?
Never used either so any input would be great also thinking the Alita 40 pump to feed both?

Thanks,

I'd get in touch with Mike at Oceans By Design, since they are making air driven skimmers of their own.

I will have to get back to you on my thoughts. I need to refresh my brain on the math.
With out using numbers I know the volume in your reaction chamber has to have the right percentage of air to water. That is also related to the GPH that you are running thru the skimmer.

I also know that Alta has changed their ratings on their pumps. It is NOT what they are advertising. You should shoot them an email an ask what the new ratings are. Mojo was and I think still is useing this brand of pump on his Air Driven Skimmers. He had to back down a size to get his 12'' model to work right because of the pump was not pumping the correct amount of air as advertised.

I could be wrong, But I am pretty sure you want a 80/20 water/air mixture in the mixing chamber.

Thanks for your help have read thru the thread but it above what my brain can handle....lol
I am more of a see Jane run....see Jane run fast....kind of reefer:)

Back