400 gallons of saltwater running through my house.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

They are supposed to be good for 30 hrs right out of the box. But, I noticed my older MP40 gave out at about the 6.5 hour mark, right after I posted. The other was going strong right up till I went to bed. Either way it was nice to them run for a significant amount of time.

I modified my APEX Controller's email alarm setting today. :) By default there is some code to notify if your temps fall above or below a certain range. There isn't however code to tell you if one of your specific power bars/strips loses power. I found this out yesterday as the breaker had flipped to one of the power bar's electrical source. Everything runs normal expect what's plugged into that power bar. The controller will however email you if the whole system/brain loses power. So, I added the following code (in green) to the email alarm outlet so that I may be notified if there is a power failure to any of the plugged in power bars. EB8's are Energy Bar 8 plugs.

Set OFF
If Temp > 80.0 Then ON
If Temp < 74.5 Then ON
If Power EB8_3 OFF 000 Then ON
If Power EB8_4 OFF 000 Then ON
If Power EB8_5 OFF 000 Then ON

There are probably a few other good things to get notifications about so I will look though the forums to find additional code.

I just mixed my next two weeks worth of saltwater changes. I must say, it makes life much easier. :) Does anyone else out there enjoy their automated water changes?

Devon, you have to remember that my auto top off was a 5 gallon bucket until 5 months ago................................lol. It is actually the same with my auto dosing, just a smaller container ;).

One of my VorTech MP40 pumps (anti-sync slave mode) is acting kind of weird. At night it sometimes flashes purple and light green. I think I probably need to replace the batteries in the backup but other than that I hope everything is okay with it. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks Charlie for the offer but this one is still kicking. I'll try to figure out what's happening with the company.

Well everything in Water World seems to be doing well. I added a secondary heater to the system since I noticed my primary heater had to work pretty hard to warm the take up. I've also changed my minimum tank temp from 75 to 76 and now allow my tank to hit 79 before the chiller kicks in (it has not). Everyone looks pretty happy, corals and fish. Oh and I'm also using the Spokane Reef Club's Tanktracker to record my parameters, (so easy). I've not used one of these trackers since Reefland's upgrade killed all my records... :( Hopefully this one will be stable. :) It would be nice if my controller would automatically export these readings to the tracker. There's always room for product improvement.

Anyway, hope all is well and that everyone's tank(s) are hanging in there!

Well, things look pretty good Devon :). Looks like you had your hands about as full as mine were this morning.

Merry Christmas to you and Shelby, be safe and for God's sake........................... stay warm. How much snow did you all get?

It's just starting to snow here. Probably have a few inches here and there. Been messing with my light again this evening... the replacement fan is bad :( . Oh well, Dan will get me another one.

Back