400 gallons of saltwater running through my house.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Interesting short video on the Ecotech Marine Radion xr30w led light fixture.

too bad its sooo expensive...and I would need 2 for my 40g!

Yeah I think I could slide by with 3 but yeah, it's an investment. I like that they have an equivalent PAR reading of a 250W MH.

I believe it is a standard 90g, so what? 25"?

Correction: it is a Marineland Corner Flow 90G (48″ x 18″ x 24″)

Here is my viewpoint on this:

The led's that are on the radion are all available to the public, nothing priority here. If you were interesting in doing the conversion over to LED's then I do believe DIY setups are just as capable as Radion if built correctly. The main advantage to the Radion besides a warranty is the program software, which if you purchase any reef controller that is worth its weight will have at least 4 dimming channels(0-10V). Utilizing these channels you can customize your LED looks(10k, 15k, 20k, etc) and ramp up and down, rendering the program software redundant. The cost difference between the Radion and DIY is at least 40%...

I am pretty sure I would need 4 for full coverage on mine. Interesting vid tho, some one wanna loan me the cash to go out get em???? I seem to feel like a d**** guinea pig anyways. :):)

Haha, yeah I would be a guinea pig too! LEDs are probably the best option for not overloading my electrical breaker and heating up the house (the reason I went with 150's).

Considering the amount I have invested already in this thing, I am buying the warranty, sorry, just the way I am, that way it is covered if and when something goes TU.

What is the cost of one unit?

Back