A 750g SPS system is born

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

maxx said:
No such thing for a skimmer....

Nick

I don't agree with this statement. If you were to put Alberto's skimmer on a smaller tank, say 70-100 gallon total volume, It'd be hard to get any foam into the cup.... I imagine it would all end up on the sides of the skimmer even before it made it into the cup.

Sure, you are skimming the crap out of the tank, but having most of it end up on the neck is a real pain in the ass. :)

I definitely think that oversizing to some extent is good, but if its too excessive, you'll find that it just won't do a good job of getting it into the cup.

Peace,
John H.

I am yet to even get this thing out of the house into the fish equipment area, however I can tell you that is this skimmer ends up skimming half as good as I expect it, doing a 2000g system should be no issue at all!! For my current system and bioload, it may be a little too big. However, that allows me to increase the bioload and to also increase the feeding big time without any real concerns.

John H. is right in that there is too much of a skimmer for some tanks. Although hard to find, it has been seen here and there.

Here is a picture of me standing next to it. I am 5' 7" :eek: :eek:

13.jpg

WOW now thats a skimmer, haha!

any pics of it in action?

BTW nice scrubs, may i ask what you do?

also thanks for the 1/3rd view of the tank with the MHs on, haha.....

Nick

dgasmd said:
I just got it yesterday, but it will be a little while before I hook it up. I ahve too many other things going on right now, so it will have to take a back seat for a couple of weeks at least.

:D :lol: :D

Wow what a monster!! When I first saw the small version of of the pic with your son next to it I thought it was you. I said "Oh my what has he done" lol

Mike

mojoreef said:
Wow what a monster!! When I first saw the small version of of the pic with your son next to it I thought it was you. I said "Oh my what has he done" lol

Mike:

That was a picture taken by GEO of HIS son standing next to it. He told me the kid was an incredibly overgrown midwest 10 year old, but I thought he was exagerating. It wasn't until I saw the skimmer in person that I realized how big this kid must be :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Alberto, it looks like you could just toss a whole country ham in your tank and let the skimmer take care of any leftovers. LOL Congrats man, thats neat.

Oh and NBD13 I think just from guessing with his user name that he might be a Dr. of aneisthisia. I am sure that will be confirmed or denied. LOL
Steve

Alberto, that is one nice skimmer, really impressive,
btw, does anybody have pictures of a wetneck in operation ?

I couldn't really tell you. I worked out some deal with George (GEO) that would not apply to most, so if you are interested in something similar, smaller, bigger, or even just different I would suggest you call/email him directly. He is an awesome acrylic worker and for custom and regular equipment I would never go with anyone else.

www.geosreef.com

And yes, it is a blatant plu for the guy LOL..................

Vell Mudda sick! (Some bahamian slang) What are you trying to skim...The ocean? Alberto, that skimmer looks great and also the tank

That was a great picture! I like the entire room view.

John H, you really think so? There are some skimmers out there that are going up in price. Especially with the rising costs of acrylic.

If this works half as expected, I can tell you that it cost 1/3 of a bubble king 600 and would skim 5 times as much of a tank. It is a guess at this point as not only do I not have a BK600 to compare it to nor will I ever.

dgasmd said:
If this works half as expected, I can tell you that it cost 1/3 of a bubble king 600 and would skim 5 times as much of a tank. It is a guess at this point as not only do I not have a BK600 to compare it to nor will I ever.
besides there is no such thing as a BK600 i am sure you like your new skimmer :)
there is a BK650 however, which is 26" in diameter ;) will be hard to outskim i would say,

Alberto, I just went through your whole thread and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife was laying right next to me and everytime I came across a picture of your tank and equipment, I showed her. Thanks to you she may let me spend a little more money on mine now because mine and I'm sure a lot of the others here combined couldn't equal to yours. LOL. Keep up the good work and I'm really glad you shared it with us.

Back