ac7av tank build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Actually there is several fish in the fuge. Two reef chromis, bi-colored dotty back, royal gramma and the clown is back in the main tank. He seems to want to take the long waterslide to the fuge once in a while.

Actually there is several fish in the fuge. Two reef chromis, bi-colored dotty back, royal gramma and the clown is back in the main tank. He seems to want to take the long waterslide to the fuge once in a while.

Ahh..Cool! Tank aka theme park LOL! :p

Well I did some cleaning this after noon.
cleaned the skimmer, changed the carbon, added some phosphate absorbing material and got a new bowling ball to put in the tank.
First take a look at this skimmer, this is after only a month. It was like scraping crap out of a toilet. nasty nasty !!

b_141647.jpg

b_142028.jpg

That is gross. Gotta love the crap skimmers pull. Makes you wonder what would happen if all of that stuff was still floating in the water column

Erik,

If this is the collection cup, this should be cleaned every 2 wks. this will ensure you get the most efficiency out of your skimmer.

I see that now.
I checked it because the output reduced in the last couple of days. I usually get a full cup in 24 hours and it was down to 1/2 cup. I'm going to have to clean it like you said every weekend or two. I usually do my fish tank maintenance on Fridays because I have babysitting duty from 1pm on. it gives me plenty of time to go threw thing. Ill just have to add that to the sked.

I just got it in the tank so I was going to snap a few when it opened up. I forgot that this guy mite need some sand so I guess that's next on the list. I've only been sitting on the fence for over a year now since I vacuumed the sand out thinking I wanted something else. So I put a rock on each side so it wont fall over for now.

194439.jpg

194514.jpg

You need to get a hold of a par meter to make sure you have enough lighting for that guy or buy new ballast

I was just talking to tat about that. He was going to try and find the link to where he got the ballasts he is using. I really think I should get at least one for over the clam and get the others when I can. they are sure working well for him and I can see a huge difference between his lights and mine using the same bulbs.

clam spawning
after some research on line about it, it seems like many people have this happen shortly after putting them in new tanks. it sure was fogging up the water last night.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/21052710?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I know that this is just an assumption, but if the rose is as high of a light demanding critter as the clam and it is still colored up nicely, wouldn't that indicate a good enough par value. Granted the anemone is a little higher in the tank, but I would agree that a PAR reading would clear up all questions.

I put the new phoenix bulbs in I think in November, so its been a while. But your right I really should do something sooner then later. I have a few extra bucks at the moment so if that price is still good on the ballasts tat has I'm going to get one at least for now. I've been looking around for them but haven't found them yet. I hope you can track down that company you got yours from.

The tank mite make the clam look small.
I have to say, you have the cleanest tank, clearest water, most colorfull corals I have ever seen in that tank of yours.
The pictures you have posted of it don't even come close to showing what that tank is. You really need to get Justin over with his new camera and spread the beauty of the aquarium man. And some HIdef video couldn't hurt ether. Or were you just keeping it to your self? Sorry man the word is out not. I would love to spend some time over there with my camera and tripod and do some stuff. I mite even bring over the Hasselblad and take some real HIdef pictures to print.

Okay full screen shot

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/21095257?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

b_180007.jpg

Hey Erik, the tank is looking awsome and looks like my old Sarcophyton has gotten even larger in there, I like the fact that livestock that over-dominated Floyd and my systems fits easily in yours. I still need to make it up for a visit one day soon.

Cheers, Todd

Back