Adding on to my system

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tom the sump looks so nice. When ya get the frag tank up I want to donate a frag of the favorite one I have.

Well I was just sitting on top of my stand a few mins ago after getting all I feel like doing tonight, sipping a brewski and I had a beeralation! The way the frag tank sits on the stand there is a little shelf in the front that I made to have a place to set bags, fragging instruments and things of that nature, well I just decided that hey this could be like a little bar! I have been planning on getting a kegerator all year for christmas, whether I get if for myself, or someone gets one for me, I am getting one! I have been having a hard time figuring out where to put it, and it came to me tonight :D There is the perfect spot down there on the other side from the tanks. So now I will get a couple bar stools, and finish off the stand to have a couple cabinets so as to hold beer glasses and stuff like that. This is going to be great!

TOM! Buddy! BEER! Um, I mean, Thats cool man. I am actually really excited to see the frag tank up and running. All you guys amaze me at the dedication you all have for the hobby. Its inspiring.

Detri, thanks I was in a real rush to getting running too, and then I stepped back and was like what the hell, why not make it a little nicer down her :D So any i have been slowly pluggin away. I got the stand basically ready to goView attachment 8237 just need to grout the tile that I just set, and all the other finishing touches can wait untill later

Detri said:
TOM! Buddy! BEER! Um, I mean, Thats cool man. I am actually really excited to see the frag tank up and running. All you guys amaze me at the dedication you all have for the hobby. Its inspiring.

Beer, reef tanks, rock and roll!!!:D :D Ah, it's a good life.
Damn Tom!!! That is gonna be real nice when you get it done. Can't wait to see the pics.

Gezzzzzzzzzz T Im just seeing this post.

Tings look great bud Im wishin I had a house I could play in too hehhe

Jeff

Thats awsome! May I ask? Well gunna ask anyway. hehe Why did you put the tank at the back of the bench? You are going to have to reach further to get the frags in the back. Would be nice to beable to stand on the table and have a foot behind the tank when you have to fix or do maintenance on the plumbing or overflow. You did a great job on the tile there. Impressive.

Well I did it like that because I wanted to have a shelf at the front to put stuff. The stand is only 36" wide and the tank 10" tall so it won't be a problem for me to get to the back. Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Sweeet!
Belly up to the bar, have a beer and frag a coral... Great idea, Tom!
And it looks cool too!

Neat thread Tom, been lurking. LOL
Just dont get the kegerator mixed up with the kalkerator and end up with drunk corals and chalkbreath. LOL
Thanks for sharing.

Steve I always try not to get the corals drunk, but shoot things just happen sometimes.

So anyway on to plumbing. I was hoping that I had enough fittings, but dang if I don't need to run to HD in the morning to get more 1.5" elbows. View attachment 8274So here is the bottom of the tank prior to drilling it and it shows all the fittings that I have gathered up from McClendons, HD and lowes. I will probably have a few too many, but I was trying to aviod going back OH WELL. View attachment 8275The second pic shows the bottom drilled and I beefed it up a little w/ some 1/4" acrylic to give the uniseals a little more to bite into. Speaking of uniseals I really like them a lot untill it comes to installing them. What a PITA. But they are super cheap and so am I. I also think they are a lot less likely to leak then bulkheads. View attachment 8276This pic shows the uniseals installed, but I ran out so I used a couple bulkheads on the far end since I don't want to wait a week for some to come in. So there will be 3 intakes and 6 outputs, I think the frags will like that. Anyway I should be able to get some FW in there by tomorrow maybe and see if it holes water.

Nice again Tom...Have I said that before? Aw well, it never gets old! I don't drink, but I'll donate a few Bahamian beers to the cause. You may get all torn up in about 5 minutes with our beer though, but I guess that's the whole point...Right? Bahamian beer will cause you to wake up 3 days later with your tank turned fresh with gold fish in there(LOL)

Ok don't have much time to type right now, but the closed loop plumbing is complete! There are nearly 100 glue joints involved. I could have done it with a lot less but I wanted the most even distribution of suck and blow possable so this is how I did it. I am sure there are many other ways to have done it but this is working very well. There is very good flow in the tank and I am sure the frags will be very pleased.

100 joints and is still neat! Did you have any leaks at all? Looks great! Maybe your calling was to be a plumber!(LOL)

Back