Anything about the hobby...Answer and ask

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The smallest tank I've owned is a 76 gallon with a 20 gallon sump.

Q: Can you take sponge frags from other peoples tanks? If so: how without damaging them?

Yes...just dont expose them to air.

Q: how do I convince the wife to let me spend income tax money on an upgrade..lol

A: Let her pick out some goodies for the tank that she can watch grow. Get her involved!!

Q: Other than cheato, what do you use for macro algae that doesn't go a-sexual.

Q: Other than cheato, what do you use for macro algae that doesn't go a-sexual.

Answer: I used to harvest cyno or hair algae that grew on it's own in my fuge section of my sump where I made conditions more favorable for it to grow down there rather than the tank and you don't have to worry about that like you would with caulerpa. Other than that mangroves is probably another option, but there is a debate as to how much you actually need to notice any benefit from using them.

Question: Which do you prefer at this moment...Halides or L.E.D's? :)

Question: Which do you prefer at this moment...Halides or L.E.D's?

Answer: Halides (as I'm old fashion) :)

Question: Do you QT your fish before you place them in the main display?

A: No I do no QT my fish

Q: Do you think all the electronic upgrades and gadgets and gizmo's are making Reef hobbyists lazy reefers.?????

A: No I think it is making the ins and outs of the hobby easier to understand, thus not taking as much time to reach the same conclusion.

Q: How large is too large in skimmer vs tank volume.

Q: How large is too large in skimmer vs tank volume.

A: no such thing, only so much can be removed after that all there is is aeration.

Q: Water is H20, hydrogen and 2 oxygen molecules... why is it wet?

A: When hydrogen and oxygen atams combine it produces a polar molecule which combined with more molecules form hydrogen bond giving it the form of water.
I think I'm pretty close on this one.

Q: How does a sea urchin show signs of stress.

A: When hydrogen and oxygen atams combine it produces a polar molecule which combined with more molecules form hydrogen bond giving it the form of water.
I think I'm pretty close on this one.

A: they run away from Japan? now why is water wet as in wet not its make up or combination

A: Okay, Its not wet. Wetness is just the sensation we get from it.

Q: How does a sea urchin show signs of stress

A: Stops moving or spines lay down

Q: What is the most unique fish or coral you have ever owned?

Q: What is the most unique fish or coral you have ever owned?

A: Archielles Tang

Q: Why is this hobby so hard to get out of?

: Water is H20, hydrogen and 2 oxygen molecules... why is it wet?
A: because when those two gases are condensed tighter and tighter(friction) , they make liquid.
kinda as steam(gas) rises, it forms a liquid as it cools on the bottom of a cabinet or something....my .02...the gas, liquid, solid thing with water is a lil circle of life!

Q: Why is this hobby so hard to get out of?
A: because its a true addiction and with any addiction u get habits! Its hard to break a habit!

Q: Have you ever had a friend or relative stick their finger in ur tank and lick it to see if its actually salty?

Q: Have you ever had a friend or relative stick their finger in ur tank and lick it to see if its actually salty?

A: No but I threw my cat into the 180 once to teach it a lesson about fishing in my tank.....he was not pleased.

Q: White for growth or blue for color....which do you prefer?

A: because when those two gases are condensed tighter and tighter(friction) , they make liquid.
kinda as steam(gas) rises, it forms a liquid as it cools on the bottom of a cabinet or something....my .02...the gas, liquid, solid thing with water is a lil circle of life!

why is water wet? Answer...Water is wet because our sensations say it is so. We feel wetness.Duh lol, so complicated

A: Blue cause its moody

why is water wet? Answer...Water is wet because our sensations say it is so. We feel wetness.Duh lol, so complicated

A: Blue cause its moody

You didn't as a question ding dong :lol:

New question...

Q: What's the warmest temperature you have ever kept your tank at?

Back