~~April 22nd Fragging Extravaganza~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Rick, I like your fire and ice zoos :D .... save me some please !!!
I wish i could help with the whole tank situation but the only thing i have is a big bucket ... sorry:(

So to clear this meeting up a little, let me first start by apologizing for lack of information on the meeting so far. We are working very hard to get the details worked out and will post information as soon as we have it.

Now, this meeting is to educate people on how to frag corals of different types (SPS, LPS, softies, etc.). In that flavor we would like to have the primary focus of the meeting be that. We always encourage frag trading and will continue to do this. All we are asking is that you bring your own containers to store your frags in. We will also be featuring some premium corals for people to bid on in a silent auction. Because we will have quite a few corals that need to be displayed we cannot offer space for people to display their own corals for trading. I hope you can understand this.

Futher, we utilize these events to raise funds for the club to continue to have fun like this. The silent auction is that fund raiser. There will be a frag swap (like last year) at some point later in the year where the club will provide space for you to show off what you have to trade.

You are always welcome to trade at the PSAS events. We just ask that it doesn't take away from the event itself. Also, we discourage active selling at the events. If you set something up ahead of time and want to just swap at the meeting that is fine.

Hope that clears things up a little. Let me (or any other BOD member) know if there is any further clarification needed.

Thanks for clarifying things up for me Reed. I posted pics of what I have to trade on the first page, so if anyone is interested in anything just let me know. Gabby, I'll give you a frag of the Fire and Ice's. Were you going to be at the meeting on the 22nd? I'll frag some to a new rock and give them a few weeks to recover.

Rick, i'm still talking about it with the husband because we might go to California, so i don't knwo for sure if i'd go.
I'll let you know by next week if i'm going, otherwise you can just save me some for when i come back, that way they'll have plenty of time.
Thank you so much though.

No problem Gabby, it's the least I can do since you gave me that sun coral (which is getting better by the day).

Last edited:
No problem Gabby, it's the least I can do since you gave me that sun coral (which is getting by the day).

no problem dood... just keep doing what you're doing with it and surprice me in a few months with a nice picture :) :D .

This sounds like a great event. Could I get an invite? Could I join at the door? I am hoping I can make it. I have several empty tanks right now, 1 or 2 55 gallon acrylic (I think one has a pin hole leak), 29 gallon, 20 gallon, 12 gallon eclipse, 15 gallon hex, probably have some lights, heaters, pumps too. If I can make the meeting, I could bring a few things. Let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason,
you are welcome to join at the door, we'd love to see you there. To get on the invite list just PM Colleen (jesshimom). She'll get you on there for the next meeting. If you want to PM me your email address I can get you the invite to this meeting.

jesshimom said:
We actually need 4-6 10 or 20 gallon tanks... anyone have any extras? Strip lights would be great too.

I am not a member but have a 10 and a 30 gallon tank that I am looking to trade for softies. Any member of the group want to donate some softies for tanks?

:) Here is a little bump for what sounds like a good time. If you are not going to WMAC, you will want to check this out.
hope to see you there,
Ed:)

Have fun Special one and the rest :D !!!
After all i'll be in California, going coo coo at Disney land with my kid :) .

reedman said:
Is that a question or a request? I dremeled one coral and the smell was awful.

Just wondering ;) :D

And you're right, it does smell pretty bad.

-Josh-:cool:

I don't think I will be able to make it, but if someone wants to come by my place Friday night, or some night this week, they can pick up a couple of 10 gallon tanks if you still need them.

best

aaron

OK...So here's a taste of what will be at the meeting for corals...some of these will be used for the silent auction and some will be fragged and given away.

• XL pink pocilipora
  • two other colored SPS in large
  • a medium torch
  • 6 nice sized zoa rocks in bright colors.
  • the nano box (small colonies)
  • large acan
  • 3 other large colonies (SPS I think)
Should be a lot of fun for everyone! Hope to see you all there.

Back