Ben's Mixed Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ben,,all i can say is very very nice,,wow!!!!,,,,i saw some in your tank i like(want) to trade in the future PB and other ,,just be aware:D :D ,,keep on going i love it..:)

Ben,,all i can say is very very nice,,wow!!!!,,,,i saw some in your tank i like(want) to trade in the future PB and other ,,just be aware:D :D ,,keep on going i love it..:)

Thanks Dang.. I'm always game for a trade at your place. I let me grow these bad boys out a little bit and we'll be in touch for sure. pb = purple bottlebrush I assume? :)

Hey very nice to see the progression shots of your tank Ben. You will be doing that inwall project before you know it.:D Best of luck.
Scott

Scott -- In wall setup.. boy I hope so. I called Bobs heating & cooling today actually to see if it is possible to move the existing air filter unit. I was told it was possible, but they'd have to come out to tell me how much it would cost. I have to move this if I want to do an inwall.

As is now, I could fit a 60 inch length in there, but it'd be off center. Look, I even measured it out with paper towel to see what it'd look like.. ;-) Ideally I'd like it to be center on the wall which means moving the air filtration unit over a bit on the back of this wall and it'd be a little bigger than 60 inches - like maybe 70 or 92.

we can all dream can't we ;-)

397118797_15da8cdc79.jpg

Last edited:
so yeah, to give you a better idea, if I did do an inwall, I'd have to move this thing (see red x) which is on the opposite side of the wall I showed above in order to allow the tank to be on center on the wall.

Sounds like a lotta work ehh?

397125351_e5bbb12fea.jpg

back to some more corals...

I'm thinking about marketing this tan body green polyp monti cap as a "modified sunset monti".. Cwazy Clown - you out there? if yes, interested in buying? I'll give you a really good deal - only $50 per quarter size vs. the $70 quarter size of the real sunset monti :lol: :lol: :lol: comon.. tan is close enough to orange isn't it.

just flipping ya crap man only cuz I like ya.

397118802_09882f42b9.jpg

Dang here's one for you..

that's the little tiny purple bottle brush I have in the mid left - nice color ehh?.. your granulosa is in the middle. and that purple green unidentified one that you have in your tank that has the branches growing downwards is on the right hand side there.

Chris (Mcgiver).. those tan w/ Yellow ring acros are growing out nicely in the center there too.

397118811_bf5f0a2e68.jpg

Mr. Ed Hahn - I got a little nub of what I think you were calling tricolor at the frag swap. It's been growing great..and has a really intense green color to it. here it is.

397075499_12b0481bb8.jpg

female squareside anthias chills in this rock a lot and just pokes her head out. She feels very safe in it I guess..

next to her though is the blasto that I just love - Thanks Robert (sushiboy)

397075495_890a8b275a.jpg

I've got 1big colony and 3 little colonies of this stuff growing - purple tip acro - pm me if you are interested in a trade or purchase a smaller colony.

397075491_0a3e4a22d7.jpg

Ok.. and this is it for pictures tonight.. I promise..

but I really, really like this one and could use some help identifying it if anyone has an idea, throw it out there. I aquired as a small quarter inch frag from macbeth a while back when he was getting rid of all of his stuff. I think this one also started with a "P" but am not definate about that

here it is on one rock..
397118808_306ea6c0c5.jpg

and it actually broke last year and I glued the other part on another rock.

397118801_4d1ff5cf82.jpg

any idears?

It's a really nice blue color, it seems hairy like a mili almost

Atta-Boy Ben - the blue acro looks fab! So glad to see that it found a good home - thanx to Coleen for not fragging it. It has unique DNA that I enjoy seeing preserved. We finally have our new SPS display tank completely spun up, and the addition of actinic lighting is having the desired effect ..... all the corals and coloring up nicely - new small-colony" frag tank to follow soon.

back to some more corals...

I'm thinking about marketing this tan body green polyp monti cap as a "modified sunset monti".. Cwazy Clown - you out there? if yes, interested in buying? I'll give you a really good deal - only $50 per quarter size vs. the $70 quarter size of the real sunset monti :lol: :lol: :lol: comon.. tan is close enough to orange isn't it.

just flipping ya crap man only cuz I like ya.

397118802_09882f42b9.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHHA, that would definitly work!!!

ahahha speaking of modded stuff, did you see my thread on my "Cwazy rainbow monti"??? hahah funny stuff.

*ahemm, ,,,,your monti is cap. sunset is danae :p hahahaha..you should try to make it encrust by putting it close to a rock so when it grows it will encrust =)))))) awsomeness

*ahemm, ,,,,your monti is cap. sunset is danae :p hahahaha..you should try to make it encrust by putting it close to a rock so when it grows it will encrust =)))))) awsomeness

good tip. so if I get it to encrust on a rock, you'll buy it for $50 is what your'e telling me? :D

woah - how did I miss this thread...

man, that looks awesome! great work my friend!

i can't believe how 'grown up' the frags I gave you are now.

Ben,

First of all, congrats to your beautiful tank.
Second, what do you think is the reason behind the suddden explosion.

Did you change something? lighting? hardware?

Tell us your secret.

Back