Bio Pellet Reactor Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yea that is a good thing to keep in mind Darth. My comments were pertaining to the flow that was being used in the video, way way to much.I think that when some one is building a unit they should allow for enough extra flow to flush the biofilm that will eventually form over time, but day to day should be just a soft tumble. On the unit in the vid,it uses a eductor which needs a strong flow in order to work and thus ramp up the flow like it does, I don't know if you could crank it down enough to still get the eductor to do its thing. Might be something to look into.

Mike

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Oh and forgot to mention we choose these pellets because they have had ceramic added to them when they are made. It makes them a little more porous and thus house more bacteria.

Mojo

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

These are awesome thanks for sharing and awesome craftsmanship you two!

I've been using the two little fishies 150 reactor for Warner Marine pellets for over a year now and I've never been happy with its ability to tumble the pellets. You guys should come with a cool little mod for those reactors :)

ahh good to know mojo. sorry im a late comer to this thread so i kinda skimmed through the pics and just added my 2 cents :p will look into these pellets next time once you have all told your results :)

These are awesome thanks for sharing and awesome craftsmanship you two!

I've been using the two little fishies 150 reactor for Warner Marine pellets for over a year now and I've never been happy with its ability to tumble the pellets. You guys should come with a cool little mod for those reactors :)

What kind of mod did you have in mind? I am all ears!!

sorry im a late comer to this thread so i kinda skimmed through the pics and just added my 2 cents :p will look into these pellets next time once you have all told your results

All input and knowledge is always welcome here Darth!!

Mojo

Back