bob moore frag swap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well I guess there will be lots of tanks there but I would see if I could float a few bags in someones tank..
OR
people can take your word for it and trust it is what you say it is. (the locals can sniff out a "RAT" very easily..(not saying YOUR a rat, just saying)
Honesty is my policy as it is a bunch of others locally.

Hi All,

Can someone who’s been to frag swaps before explain to me if you have zoas/palys that you want to trade, how do you go about doing it if the frags are closed up? I don’t have an extra tank to setup so they will be in plastic bags? Do you take a photo of each zoa/paly before you bag them? Or what?

Thanks... Ron

I have a 30 Gallon tank I can bring if someone needs one! They have to supply water and what not!

If someone needs one to setup, shoot me an IM

Laura from Ice cap has been able to set up group buy for us through Barrier Reef.

There will be LED fixtures for sale as well as a few MH fixtures. Stay tuned for a possible E-mail with the details.

Thanks for the offers on the tank and styro. Let me think about it. I may come without them as a first timer and learn from what you guys do so I will be ready the next time. See you there.

I've got a really cool looking hermit crab that needs a new home. He's got one big claw and he's a pretty good size too. I really like him a lot because he is reef friendly and doesn't go for my snails. He's just a little too big for my small tank nowadays.

Neat, that'd be great for a larger, established tank with larger colonies vs frags. Sinc eh doesn't eat snails, he'll be an algae-destroyer. :)

Watch for me there. I'm the cool handicap guy that runs a fish tank without any arms or legs. I just got into this hobby about a year and a half ago. I don't know anybody in this area that raises a coral tank so say hi. I would love to meet new people.

I just found out about this website and event. It sounds pretty exciting.

I have a Thread that I started on a website called nano-reef you are welcome to check out.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=169965

Laura from Ice cap has been able to set up group buy for us through Barrier Reef.

There will be LED fixtures for sale as well as a few MH fixtures. Stay tuned for a possible E-mail with the details.

Yep these LED Moonlights are insane! I just found out about them. Can't wait to get some of Ice Caps new hoods and moonlights into the store. Look for Laura and Ice Cap at the event!

Yep these LED Moonlights are insane! I just found out about them. Can't wait to get some of Ice Caps new hoods and moonlights into the store. Look for Laura and Ice Cap at the event!

I will be interested in seeing the blue LED "t5" form tubes. Have been wondering how they compare to the normal t5 actinics.

PSAS: Looking forward to meeting the local reefers and joining the club; came from Midwest couple years ago (Chicagoland aquarium society) and it was cool to be part of that community. Glad you are organizing such an event to pull local reefers together.

Max

Hey Brendon,

Nice to see you found the site and will see you at the swap. And a DAMN FINE JOB for not using your arms & legs.

Todd

Today is the Day!!

Members don't forget to bring your membership card, you will be asked to show the card to get your free raffle tickets. The door is likely to be too busy to try to look up everybody's membership status.

Hey Brendon,

Nice to see you found the site and will see you at the swap. And a DAMN FINE JOB for not using your arms & legs.

Todd

Hey thanks Todd! I have my troubles but I think I do a pretty good job myself.

Psas - thank you

I just got home from the Bob Moore event and as a new PSAS member want to to say thank you guys & gals for all your effort in putting on this event

Todd

Todd you beat me to it. :)

I made it back from the frag swap and have acclaimated my wonderful pieces. All look to be doing great. Thank you all for such a wonderful event!!! It was my first one and certainly won't be my last. I can only hope that next time I can be in a position where I can contribute some frags.

Thanks again! It was fantastic!

I missed it because of my neurological crap. I'll bet it rocked and I missed out on some awesome frags. And I'd just been starting to stock my tank, too, now that it's started over and cycled after a break from when it crashed months ago... :/

Back