Canopy Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So should I build a cage/frame for my lights to mount above the water but still in the canopy.... Just tell me what to do Scooty, lol

When you get the canopy & lights, take some pictures & I'll draw up some sketches for you, maybe others will chime in as well. You Can Do IT! :D

I should have the lights today and Ill get take some shots of my LFS canopy... why dont you spend some birthday money, buy a ticket, lets go see Mt.Rushmore, ill buy you dinner, and you can build me a canopy

I should have the lights today and Ill get take some shots of my LFS canopy... why dont you spend some birthday money, buy a ticket, lets go see Mt.Rushmore, ill buy you dinner, and you can build me a canopy

LOL sounds like fun:p

T5s will probably do the trick but IMO sofar nothing beats the look of mh. The shimmer you get is worth having to deal with heat and power consumption.

Are you planing on raising the canopy up some to allow more room? I've seen this done where a 1"x6" was framed to sit directly on top of the tank rim. On the inside another piece 1"x2" strip was used for the left & right sides as well front & back, this prevented it from slipping off. Then on top where the canopy will sit, more strips to keep the hood on top of the 1"x6" jack up, these were also attached to the hood. All that was done after that was painted black & it looked good. Easy enough to make & this should allow you 5 1/2" of more clearance.

buy a ticket, lets go see Mt.Rushmore, ill buy you dinner, and you can build me a canopy...

Mt. Rushmore sounds cool.....

Back