Centerpiece tank - check out my design!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Did you get the dimensions that you had origionally wanted? It looks taller than I had imagined, which will be awesome for the rock work.

HI, Yes, the dimensions are exactly what I requested...48" on all three sides, and 34.5" tall ( originally was gpoing to be 36", but changed it at the last minute because it would not have fit through the door! )..I hope to start building the stand soon! I'll upload more pics when available.
Thanks

HI, Yes, the dimensions are exactly what I requested...48" on all three sides, and 34.5" tall ( originally was gpoing to be 36", but changed it at the last minute because it would not have fit through the door! )..I hope to start building the stand soon! I'll upload more pics when available.
Thanks

Wow, that tank looks great. I am also thinking about getting a corner tank, but probably glass with bow front. I am currently working on the refigium and frag tank in the basement below the location of this future tank to which it will be plumbed up to. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to get made? Also looking forward to the pics. I could imagine using concrete homemade rock over a frame to help with the aquascaping. I have messed around and made a couple and think they look good.

HI
Since it was a custom design it was not cheap! Anything outside of their usual tanks will add a lot of cost. Here is a picture of the SKimmer...

I was able to get the stand framed over the weekend. Now I have to find some 1/4" Birch plywood to cover it and cut in doors...!

HI
Things are slowly coming together, the stand is completed and now working on plumbing, open top canopy, ect...I will get some pics loaded next week!

so hows the tank coming along and thats an awsome centerpiece :) too bad it wouldnt be lower so it would be like watching tv haha. nice build though

HI
Sorry for the delay, have been very busy with our 7 month old daughter !! The tank is coming along, and making some changes..I will get some pictures uploaded hopefully this week sometime...!
Thanks

Hi all
Sorry its been forever since I updated...but this is why:

I seem to be having problems uploading pictures....$#@$^@ Vista !! DOnt buy a computer with Vista operating system!! I will try again tomorrow from my work computer..

one more try.....notice anything different?

what happened?why the change?i was really lookih foward to that thing beging set up.

that was one of the first things i read on here when i first joined

LOL, yeah I know....but that triangle tank would make a great FOWLR tank, but it wasnt working out as a reef tank like I wanted. It was a good idea but I was having a lot of issues with it to the point I was really getting frustrated and stressed out.. By the way, anyone want to buy a great triangle tank and top? Its for sell..
SO, I decided to go "normal" and now have this 150 gallon Miracles in glass tank with Starphire front and sides, external overflow, OM 4way..I am very satisfied with this new set up.
The triangle could probably be set up as a reef with someone who has the time to really get creative but with a 10 month old daughter I just dont have the time or energy to do so.
I hope ya'll like the new tank, I know its normal, but I can post other pics and details if interested...the stand I covered in slate tile..
Dont pull out the torches and pitch forks on me :)

Back