Chase Ojala's 30x30x18

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks! Heres an update on the pico, AC30 modded on the back. I will be upgrading to an AC70 before the deadline as well as a diy 12 bulb x3w each led fixture. Bulbs will go in a single dimmable strip as follows (Cyan, Royalblue, Red, Coolwhite, Uvpurple, Green, Royalblue, Uvpurple, Coolwhite, Cyan, Red, Royalblue, with 80degree optics, These are every color from rapids side that I want to use.

DSC_0065-1.jpg

DSC_0070-1.jpg

Your big tank looks really good I was looking for a tank that same size. Now I'm really motivated to get my new tank up and running.

Sweet set up you got there. A great looking nano as well...good luck with the contest bro!!!

I like the fact that you added sand, I think it looks much more natural!!

Just wired my led system from rapid. Where the 3 blues are there should be another UV Purple and Red but they didn't work on arrival so should be getting some more soon.
DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

Now that's really cool!! Make sure and post a pic when you get the other bulbs. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After some playing around covering bulbs with electrical tape ive made an order and decided to go a completely different route with the color string. I will be taking out all of the whites, since the uv/red/green together make somewhat of a daylight look.

I will be running 6 blue's 3 Uv Purple, 3 Green and 2 Red. If its not daylight looking enough ill ad two whites.

Added pink and gold's, zombie eyes, nuke greens, mean greens, tubbs blues, water melons, radio active and dragon eyes, and various other zoas. Also two different hammers.

Acans, and blastos to come!

DSC_0109-1.jpg

DSC_0113-1.jpg

bammer!!!! lol i like the way the light is getto rigged and its all stripey looking what happened to the cube ? i like how u used the vasiline jar for size o tank !!!! no really what happened to the cube ?????why did you take the corals out and put them in a fresh water betta tank !!!! j/k or am i hahahahahaha wheres the skimmer or are you doing wc every 6hrs

To answer your troll sesh Josh lol.. I do a 50% water change daily just swapping the water with the 70 gallon and doing routine 15 gallon synthetic changes on the 70 gallon every two weeks. The two hammers are frags I clipped out of my cube the other day, other than that all others remain in the 70g. These zoas besides the pink and golds haven't been in the 70. I have made an 15 frag lps order and should be shipping on monday. Ill be getting 2 ultra blastos, one aussie duncan and the rest acans. I don't believe in the NEED for a skimmer on any tank as long as the water changes keep up. As for the light, I am waiting on more bulbs to finish the color string along with 20 ft of wire so i can deal with the temporary ghetto look. Right now I don't have enough wire length to run it anywhere clean.

Last edited:
Added pink and gold's, zombie eyes, nuke greens, mean greens, tubbs blues, water melons, radio active and dragon eyes, and various other zoas. Also two different hammers.

Acans, and blastos to come!

DSC_0109-1.jpg

DSC_0113-1.jpg

That FTS looks sweet!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Krish, Depending what I add to the pico on this lps order May have to remove the hammer frags but I'm hoping to make it work. Ill be installing a jbj ato on the tank today and will switch to using my rkl ato switches on the 70g. I also bought some flame algae and a welso the other day.

Back