Contest for Newbies (Take Two) !!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NC2WA

Time for a contest!!!!This contest is for newbies only. See the first bullet under Ground Rules for eligibility requirements.To participate in the contest, please post your name and length of time you have been in the saltwater hobby. The dealine date to enter the contest is Wednesday, Oct. 17th, 9:00pm PST. Contest starts Thursday, Oct. 18th, 10:00am. I will post 2-3 questions per day for 5 consecutive days. So plenty of time to accumulate points. This contest is all about learning the hobby (along with winning some cool prizes). Ground Rules:• For the purposes of this contest, a newbie is defined as 1 year or less experience in the hobby.• Questions will be posted around 10am PST each morning. You have until 9:30pm PST the same day to submit your answer. Any answer submitted AFTER 9:30pm PST will not be counted as correct.• All answers can be found on the Reeffrontiers.com web site.• Once a question is posted, your answer MUST contain a link on the Reefrontiers.com web site where you found the answer. Any answer that is NOT from the RF web site will NOT be counted as correct.• Your answers must submitted to me via a Private Message (PM). Any answer NOT submitted via PM will NOT be counted as correct.• There is only one correct answer but many links on the RF site may contain the answer. • Every correct answer is awarded one point, unless otherwise specified.• This contest will be 5 days long and the top 3 members with the highest scores will win a prize of their choice. The prizes are various reef keeping aquarium books for newbies, and yes one of them is The Consceintious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner.With this said, let's get started and have some fun !!!!!!!Any questions let me knowKirk

Last edited:
Bump back to the top for a great opportunity for a few newbies to win a generous prize!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks, due to low turnout, I have extended the deadline to play until next Friday, Oct 12th..hopefully we get some more people to play..

thanks

Krish,

Part of the problem is the Indian summer we are having in the NW...76 day stretch of dry weather..(ie, no rain), so most people (rightfully so) are still outside enjoying the sun while it lasts.

Josh,

not starting the contest til next week, so no worries..hopefully by then all issues will be resolved.

I know that this is not nessecarily the correct area, but are there issues with the site? The Home page just shows forum posts that are new (which use to be near the bottom of the page) and I do not see the other things that were at the top of the home page. Just curious. Also extending the deadline is cool.

Dawg is here. I'm a complete noob to SW. Don't even have a tank yet - but will soon. An opportunity to learn is exciting. :)

I see maybe there are problems with the site? I seem to have a heck of a time getting around. Sometimes all my line breaks disappear when I preview a post, and my smilies don't work unless I type them in :(. Thinking I'm just new though.

If I go to the articles section - I see a box for 'previous articles', but nowhere do I see all of them listed - it seems I have to scroll through the 1 or 2 per page and then go to the next page. Is this how it's supposed to be? Is there anywhere that all the articles are listed/linked? Just wondering as I assume one is going to have to research articles for the contest, plus I'd just like to browse them... but not a page at a time lol

Anyway... I'm ready :D

welcome...and yes, a major part of the contest is researching on the site...as the answer must be a link from the reeffrontiers web site as stated in the ground rules.

Understood.

So in the Articles section - is there a place to see all the articles listed? I only see a few "Previous Articles".

Maybe it's just my browser (IE7)... but I tried it on Google Chrome as well.

Back