• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Customer Appreciation Sale 2011

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hi Seth,

Like I mentioned previously...we will raincheck any dry good item and any doorbuster item (live or dry). What we will not raincheck is random livestock items. Say for example you want a flame angel but we sold out. Its not a doorbuster or dry good so we can't do it. All of your listed items are good for raincheck:)

so are you going to have any flame angels I have been thinking about geting one... kinda radom I know but its one of the fish my other half realy likes... and she has been less than into this hobby since the start if she knew what I have spent on this so far I would be living in the tank

Hi Seth,

Like I mentioned previously...we will raincheck any dry good item and any doorbuster item (live or dry). What we will not raincheck is random livestock items. Say for example you want a flame angel but we sold out. Its not a doorbuster or dry good so we can't do it. All of your listed items are good for raincheck:)

Hey Cy, if I got a raincheck on a couple livestock items would I be able to have someone else use my raincheck to pick the items up for me at a later date? The wife and I are planning a trip to Seattle that weekend and will be in on Sunday morning before heading back east (excited about our first visit to the store!). No future plans to head back west after that so worst case would be me hoping to get someone to bring something back after SEAMAX.

so are you going to have any flame angels I have been thinking about geting one... kinda radom I know but its one of the fish my other half realy likes... and she has been less than into this hobby since the start if she knew what I have spent on this so far I would be living in the tank

Yes we will have some:)

Hey Cy, if I got a raincheck on a couple livestock items would I be able to have someone else use my raincheck to pick the items up for me at a later date? The wife and I are planning a trip to Seattle that weekend and will be in on Sunday morning before heading back east (excited about our first visit to the store!). No future plans to head back west after that so worst case would be me hoping to get someone to bring something back after SEAMAX.

Absolutely. We simply take your name and number on anything we raincheck. Just let us know ahead of time that someone else is picking up for you.

If you want first pick of all the great corals and fish + no crowds or waiting, set up an appoinment for Friday May 13th. All the sale specials are good this day!

If you are interested in scheduling one of these slots please PM, or email [email protected], with up to three time slots, in order of preference, that would best fit your schedule on Friday May 13th. I need your first and last name and a phone number. If there are more requests than slots we will draw names to fairly fill the appointments. I will post the final schedule below and call everyone to confirm their appointment. If ANY slot works for you please indicate this in your PM. Please don't commit to a time slot if you are not sure you can make the appointment.

-Time Slots-

Friday May 13th
11AM-12PM
1. Eric M.
2. Tuan
3. Mike M.
4. Bill B.
5. Diana/Scott

12PM-1PM
1. Chris/James
2. Jacob H.
3. Logan M.
4. Dru M.
5. Caitlen

1PM-2PM
1. Sandra P.
2. Tim/Sandy R.
3. Darrell
4. Don C.
5. Sadiq A.

2PM-3PM
1. Thang D.
2. Geoffrey M.
3. Steven H.
4. Steve W.
5. Victor

3PM-4PM
1. Doug B.
2. Rick C.
3. Kelly G.
4.Bruce/Cathy R.
5. Alex P.

4PM-5PM
1. Nancy M.
2. Chris T.
3. Tony/Carlos
4. Dawn
5. JasonD

5PM-6PM
1. Joe P.
2. Ed M.
3. Kevin
4. James G.
5. Shane & John​

Last edited:
KK CY...thanks for the quick response. It is hard to manage the info from across the country ;)

The "buy and hold" issue was just brought up. We go through this with every sale and every time I forget to post about it up front. We cannot hold livestock during the sale. This includes items that you pay for during the sale. Everything must be taken at the time of purchase. Its just too difficult for us to keep track of everything when its as busy as our sales are.

any new info ??? thinking i might need to set up another tank soon

Not sure what extra info you are looking for:becky: I posted the specials, doorbusters, raffle info etc back on page 2 of the thread. I've been updating them as things come together. We are getting 4-5 new shipments next week to stock up for you all. We will have the EcoPico nanos on sale but we are not running any other tank specials. Our markup is already minimal and none of the manufacturers are running deals right now.

Nope, this sale we are doing Brightwell buckets. We are able to pass on a much more significant savings and we only have room to bring in one pallet. Maybe next time :)

I'm "down" with that.. hoping I can last 'til next weekend for the salt. Plumb outta IO now and the tank needs a water change..

Brightwell Aquatics Neo Marine > Instant Ocean Salt

Thats our opinion as well, but everybody has their own preferences and we all know that there is more than one way to be successful in this hobby:) We won't forget our IO friends. At the next sale we'll make sure to put it on sale.

Thats our opinion as well, but everybody has their own preferences and we all know that there is more than one way to be successful in this hobby:) We won't forget our IO friends. At the next sale we'll make sure to put it on sale.

Its hard to convert the non-believers. Some have claimed to use IO salts for decades without any issue. I, personally, disagree. I have a new setup with established LR and have been fighting GHA & Byprosis (sp?) since day 1 with IO salt. I was using H2Ocean and Red Sea Coral Pro Salt prior without any issues. I like the H2Ocean but it is VERY pricey.

Back