DaCube Jr...Aquapod 24

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DisturbedReefer

Lionless :(
Well my new carrer has gotten the best of me so I decided to tear DaCube down and go a tad bit smaller...ok a whole heck of a lot smaller. Really the only reason I have decided to even keep a tank for now (until I can go much larger...DaCube II) is the Yellow Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish. I can not part with this rare little fuzzy...so the new tank is born...

Water testing:|
DSC_4033Large2.jpg

DSC_4036Large2.jpg

All was well, well...Ok, I couldn't just keep it completely stock, it needed some more "overflow slots"
DSC_4038Medium2.jpg

DSC_4039Medium2.jpg

DSC_4040Medium2.jpg

I also replaced the pump with a mj1200:D

Today I went ahead and set it up. Everything is coming from the main display tank, including the water.

DSC_4069Medium2.jpg

It's starting to take shape...

DSC_4072Large.jpg

DSC_4078Medium.jpg

DSC_4080Medium2.jpg

DSC_4105Medium2.jpg

A few more water changes and some testing and I will move the fuzzy over...besides DaCube looks so bare now:(

Last edited:
SNIFF! It is looking good Todd............. Good to see ya today. One day my friend....one day......when we least expect it........... DA CUBE II will consume us!:) :) :) :) :lol:

Do it! Only go really big
I will get a Tunze Nano Skimmer this week for it, havent decided what to go with for flow yet...probably Tunze.

Well, I just tore everything out of mine this morning (backwall, floor... everything :shock: ) and it looks like a bare all-glass tank now(LOL). I may mess with it some seeing it is just sitting there doing nothing to see what all I can do with it for fun until I can decide what my next real tank will be. The idea of messing with the nano again is just a thought though, but we'll see...I may find out if it is tempered and be the guinea pig and drill it so others will know if it is possible, but we'll see:)

Well, I just tore everything out of mine this morning (backwall, floor... everything :shock: ) and it looks like a bare all-glass tank now(LOL). I may mess with it some seeing it is just sitting there doing nothing to see what all I can do with it for fun until I can decide what my next real tank will be. The idea of messing with the nano again is just a thought though, but we'll see...I may find out if it is tempered and be the guinea pig and drill it so others will know if it is possible, but we'll see:)

Do it Krish! Inquiring minds want to know!

LOL!!! I'm going to try and contact them somehow (Current USA) to see if it is tempered. If I can't reach them for some reason, I may gamble with it...The tank is already far from normal so I'll let you know:)

LMBO!!! so now you wanna use it as a guinea pig house :confused: .... you know Ron and Brian can't fit in there dood :lol: .

Thats right i forgot how small he was...He will enjoy his new tank.. Since you like lionfish i have a question for you.. When you are feeding them do they spit water out at you till you drop the food in :)

Back