DaCube Jr II Oceanic 30g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Glad to see that it is working out for you. Got the pod set up and slowly working on moving a few select pieces over to it and starting the aquascaping. Its so odd to go to such a quiet tank after our 125g though.
Thanks again!

Yeah, I know what you mean about quiet sytems...that was one thing I didn't miss, but the new cube has plenty. :|
You will have to start a thread for the Aquapod when your ready.

FTS from tonight...just a few minutes ago:D
Dang, moving the Tunze up made a big difference...check out the difference in the brain.

DSC_5509Large.jpg

Last edited:
tunze,,set up this way will make the wave like the rolling ball,,good job the brain looking great,,by the way i got 5 tunze 6100 in my tank now

Lighting came in today so I went up to Barrier Reef and picked it up. Ended up with a full sized Luminarc...what do you think? Ballast is a Blue Wave 3 HQI running a Radium 20k.

DSC_5528Large.jpg

DSC_5533Large.jpg

DSC_5536Large.jpg

nice tank!!!!! I can't wait to set-up my 88g glass cube. By the way where did you get the info on the stand build. I'm looking to make something like that and just skin it with some nice wood hav'nt made my mind up on what type of wood to use as the skin yet. I know I want like a dark cherry look. Oh I forgot one thing your drain is that a 1'' hole if so what size hole saw did you use? I'm planning on drilling two 1'' holes for the drain.

Last edited:
nice tank!!!!! I can't wait to set-up my 88g glass cube. By the way where did you get the info on the stand build. I'm looking to make something like that and just skin it with some nice wood hav'nt made my mind up on what type of wood to use as the skin yet. I know I want like a dark cherry look. Oh I forgot one thing your drain is that a 1'' hole if so what size hole saw did you use? I'm planning on drilling two 1'' holes for the drain.

It is a 1.5" drain line, two 1" drains should work just fine...I'm sure my 1.5 is overkill:lol: Let me know when you start working on your cube, I'd like to see how it progresses. Who made your tank? Stand instructions came from RC...check the DIY forum, that is where I picked up the info on the stand. I still don't know what wood I want to use as well...will figure that out later, but for now its just fine.

Last edited:
The full sized Luminarc was a bit too big for this tank, so I took it over to Salmonslayer to see how he would like it and how I would like the mini...Now that is a perfect fit:D

DSC_5547Large.jpg

DSC_5554Large.jpg

DSC_5571Large.jpg

DSC_5573Large.jpg

Back