DIY Flow Enductor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kpiotrowski

Kevin
so simple need little instruction...just see pics. and it works awesome! wide flow pattern and much more flow!!!

parts list;
3/4 threaded to 2.5 inch adapter
3/4 nipple
45 dg coupler or straight coupler

Pics shows parts for 2 enductors. 1 straight and one 45dg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I first drilled some holes as seen then took the dremel to it and finally a couple files.

no need to glue just slip on the fitting of your choice.

just need to paint it black!

I saw that link to colored pvc yesterday.
Pretty cool.

Yea, I am wondering if it will bring tears to SPINNERS eyes??? LOL

I am sure he will be looking here. He is the type of guy that is always lurking in the DIY site!!!

I vote Kpiotrowski "DIY REEFER OF THE MONTH" i was looking at several hundred dollors to add flow acc. to my build now less than $ 40.00:) .....................ANY COLOR I WANT TOO!!!!!!!!{HELLO}
fyi: Talked with people regarding eBay color stains they said you would get enough to make four cans of each color so two people could go in together and split order.

I vote Kpiotrowski "DIY REEFER OF THE MONTH" i was looking at several hundred dollors to add flow acc. to my build now less than $ 40.00:) .....................ANY COLOR I WANT TOO!!!!!!!!{HELLO}
fyi: Talked with people regarding eBay color stains they said you would get enough to make four cans of each color so two people could go in together and split order.

WOW, Kevin, You have made the big time. DIYer of the Month,
So when is Popular Science coming by to do the interview? LOL
I didnt do the math on which method would be more cost effective, but I am guessing the rattle can is cheaper.

BTW Kevin if you need a hand filling Spinners $400 order I can swing by and help out.

Don't hate the player......hate the game:) Keep that chin up Peppie with a little practice you will be able to do DIY's some day.lol

I wanted to keep it simple at first. took 10 minutes! gonna try one a little smaller now...like 1.5 inch. just wanted to get the principle across that it can be done cheap.

oh and btw...diy reefer of the month? rofl! give me a machine shop and I will compete but I am limited to the very basic of tools.

What i wonder is the dye reef safe? I would think some would be eroded off by the salt water. Even tho the dye bonds molecularly.

finally found some krylon fusion and painted them yesterday. will let them cure for a week then will take a video of of it in action using some micro food that really clouds the tank, so it should incicate flow pattern. I am very optimistic as I noticed while doing a water change ( first in months) that with the water level below the return lines that there isnn't much force from the dual 3/4 returns. and with the flow eductor I can feel the wide patter a foot away.

Really nice job kpiotrowski:) Your tank looks great.... nice and healthy! Thats a great DIY as most everyone wants more flow from outlets they already have. Lets hear it for the new "Trowski Flow Accelerator" :)

Looks good Kevin,
I was surprised to see how wide the flow pattern was. With two of those puppies running they will be bouncing lots of water off of each other.
Whats next for the DIYer of the month?

Maybe we can award a fellow reefer on a( monthly basis) THE TROWSKI DIY AWARD
What do you think Spinner??

Thats good since their is so many quality reefer's here. I truly enjoy this part of the hobby some times to much....haha
I was wanting flow accelerators on my 10 outlets after reading this thread and thinking awhile.....boom problem solved.
So kpiotrowski sure got my mind juices going and at my age thats a all weekend...er!!!!lol

Here's to the next TTDA...award winner

Back