DIY Flow Enductor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That is an awesome little project, great job. You just assisted me in solving my directional flow issue. And now I'm gonna be able to make it more broad. Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Here is my 1" x 2" adjustable TROWSKI FLOW ACCELERATOR:)
IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

Now you see why i can never finish my build........LOL

WHO'S NEXT?

Wow that looks great. I like how the flow is more spread out and on a side bonus its much easier on the eyes then those long lock lines. I'm going to have to give thses a try :)

Thank you for the walk through.

Silly question, what type of paint do you guys use that is reef safe and can resist saltwater?

Yeah he had a great idea:) I use Krylon Fusion paint and anything thats in salt water i also use Krylon UV sealer. It give the fittings a smooth glass feel....pretty nice stuff. But don't tell Peppie SSssssssssssssssssss

Hey Master:) I was at the outlets point of my build when you shared your idea perfit timing for me:)

I will have 2 - 2" x 1" up back corners of tank and 6 - 1 1/2"x 1" at other outlets 8 total. I like others are liking the wide flow too i will push 1300gph each outlet with my pumps minus stuff, but it will be nice to bump flow 1/3rd +- ....... nice one! lolx10

Spinner
You never cease to amaze me. I was talking to THE MASTER when he was in the R&D stage of this gadget. I asked him if he could make the intake smaller and the transition to the larger outlet less abrupt. Low and behold, there it is two weeks later!!!
Now all you need to do is heat up some sand in the oven to about 350. Stick the last half of the larger PVC fitting into it, let it get good and flexible, then smuch it down onto something round and a little bit larger in diam. Makeing the out flow tube kinda the shape of a bell. Wider flow pattern!!!

As always I like your bi-color approach.

Water are you qraaaaazy i run a dry reef less chance of a crash:) Yeah i am trying to have my system running by Christmas we get five days off. I have everything now except two special made 1/2 ball check valves that are on back order:( I will send you two 3/4" ones after Christmas so you can see them work side by side this is your baby i just make Frankensteins:)

Spinner
You never cease to amaze me. I was talking to THE MASTER when he was in the R&D stage of this gadget. I asked him if he could make the intake smaller and the transition to the larger outlet less abrupt. Low and behold, there it is two weeks later!!!
Now all you need to do is heat up some sand in the oven to about 350. Stick the last half of the larger PVC fitting into it, let it get good and flexible, then smuch it down onto something round and a little bit larger in diam. Makeing the out flow tube kinda the shape of a bell. Wider flow pattern!!!

As always I like your bi-color approach.

You lost me with the sand thing? or were you talking to kpiotrowski?

OK i understand now i know you have made your skimmer tops make one of these since you have the process down. I know you, mojo, and many others here have ideas and some tweeking to come up with different looks. Since i saw his video i have been thinking about the secondary flow/pulse flow going on at the same time. You could maybe see the flows using air?

I tried to show in the first pick that the holes in the barrel can line up with outer casing holes if wanted. Or just twist it and it makes two separate flow chambers.......why is that important? Don't know yet if it means anything, time will tell:)

Back