DIY "Lumenarc" reflectors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

How did you fit UV glass in the reflectors?

if you look at this picture that ccCapt has you can see that it has a lip maybe half inch all the way around.All you would do is bend one of those back and take your peice of glass that you had cut to size and slide it in there.Then bend the peice back so it dont fall out.

hammertone2_3-09.jpg

Ok I see that now. I must have missed it. Thank you for pointing out the painfully obvious to me. I'm going to make 3 of these for myself and then I guess sell the rest.

okay all i can say is be pateint and the right tools.again be pateint or you will mess up.With other stuff you need to measure 500 time and cut once with these you need to just cut drill and rivet or it will wont work right

Also forgot to ask if anyone has done a stretched version of these? I am trying to diy one that would fit onto a 20L with a 175W bulb. I've seen one stretched before but unsure how to have it printed out or what not so that it is correct the demensions after printing.

Any help?

Cheers,
Alex

Get yourself some cardboard and make a mockup from that. Then use those cardboard cut out measurements to make your stretched out version.

Shouldn't be hard to do.

Get yourself some cardboard and make a mockup from that. Then use those cardboard cut out measurements to make your stretched out version.

Shouldn't be hard to do.

I had the basic pattern stretched out by kinko's so I could make a 28"x14 reflector and it didn't work out too well. So I made the 14"x14" one, cut it in half and added a piece to the middle. It was pretty easy.

I had the basic pattern stretched out by kinko's so I could make a 28"x14 reflector and it didn't work out too well. So I made the 14"x14" one, cut it in half and added a piece to the middle. It was pretty easy.

Yes but it would be cheaper and easier to do that on carboard first then just use those cutouts as your templates for the real thing. :)

Back