DIY "Lumenarc" reflectors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I would think the easiest way to do that Adam would be to make a 10" square one, cut it in half and add 6" center piece that matches the bends.

You can do it all in one piece. The trick that I would use would be to make a mockup using cardboard first :) then gluer all the cut pieces together as one then you will have a whole template to work from.

In your tank do use use all K4's and that one K3 in the back or are they all different

I have 4 K-4's and in the back center is a K-2. I had a K-3 in the back center, but it was to much flow on my anemone. I also tried a K-1 in the back center, but that was way too weak. The K-2 seems to work perfect for my setup.

When you printed out the template did you just print it and did nothing to get or did you make it bigger.

Can you tell me how long it was when it was laid down flat.From one side to the other

When you printed out the template did you just print it and did nothing to get or did you make it bigger.

Can you tell me how long it was when it was laid down flat.From one side to the other

21-1/2"x21-1/2"

I printed out the pattern on a 8"x11" piece of paper and went to Office Depot and had them enlarge it 281%

Maybe that was where they started at.
I had them keep at it untill I was happy with the size, and only had to pay for the copy I wanted.
I have a full sized one for you.

The pic I posted of the full size template is on a 24"x24" sheet of paper. I printed it out on a reg sheet of paper and had Staples blow it up 281%. Maybe it depends on the brand printer they use.

well i have two done.

here they are together. i will be painting the other one for adam to put over his frag tank.i didnt want to try painting his yet because i was worried the paint wouldnt stick so i tried it on the first one i did because i will be keeping that one so doesnt matter if it looks bad.His looks better two so i gave him that one.

IMGP4390.jpg

IMGP4391.jpg

Very nice and true to the DIY (Destroy It Yourself) spirit I might add

It wouldn't be DIY until duct tape and/or spray paint was involved ;)

i dont know i liked the look better it looks kinda plain with just flay metal.

i dont know how it will effect the reflection so i guess adam needs to get his but over here:lol:

I want to see some that would work with a DE 150.... I know some ones thinking about it... do it

i have never had MH before so i want to know if they get so hot that the outside starts to warm up.

I really dont want to paint them (even though i already painted one) with just regular spray paint and then it get hot and start to chip of.

Do you guys think that it will get that hot that it starts to melt/chip the paint off?

i have never had MH before so i want to know if they get so hot that the outside starts to warm up.

I really dont want to paint them (even though i already painted one) with just regular spray paint and then it get hot and start to chip of.

Do you guys think that it will get that hot that it starts to melt/chip the paint off?

It gets quite hot. I think I would use a paint made for wood stoves (high heat).

Back