DIY "Lumenarc" reflectors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yes but it would be cheaper and easier to do that on carboard first then just use those cutouts as your templates for the real thing. :)

Don't know how it would be cheaper, maybe the buck or so that kinko's charged. But it was simple and very easy for me..

Last edited:
Solar tube

I gave this a try.
But after having the drawing I found enlarged, I had to do the main body in two pieces.
I also had to order the solar tube from Home Depot.com.

I have a few extra full sized plans if anyone wants to try this.

CAN YOU GIVE ME MORE INFO ON THIS SOLAR TUBE ,LIKE A PART# OR A MODEL # thank robert

This is what I used

IMG_5329.jpg

Will make 2 reflectors

IMG_5333.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

Light bulb

Here is a link to the 12" Solar Tube Skylight extension at Lowes.
I don't see the bigger 14" model.
I'd check Home Depot as well.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=76115-79358-TB1201&lpage=none

Hello Again Finn
The info that was asking about the light bulb it self sorry about that when I saw Solar tube I was thinking of the light ....Please send info on the light bulb ........by the way thanks for the info on the extension good info.
ok that's it thanks again robert

Light bulb

Here is a link to the 12" Solar Tube Skylight extension at Lowes.
I don't see the bigger 14" model.
I'd check Home Depot as well.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=76115-79358-TB1201&lpage=none

Hello Again Finn
The info that I was asking about the light bulb it self sorry about that when I saw Solar tube I was thinking of the light ....Please send info on the light bulb ........by the way thanks for the info on the extension good info.
ok that's it thanks again robert

i just cranked one out tonight off these plans thanks guys for sharing. I too used a solar extension tube got two out one one because the HD had the 48" tubes in stock paid 67.00 for it.
IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

i will add that i had the spider reflectors before and i wow what a difference!

Does anyone have the file so that I can get it printed off. Also when you take it a place such as Kinko's, What percentage do you have them print it at?

Cheers,
Alex

i just saved the file that is in the first page of this thread and put in to photoshop and re-sized it to 20" x 20" and cut one corner out and printed that corner section 4 times on 11" x 14" paper and taped it together.

like mentioned before if you use the extension tube metal it comes round. i clamped it to square steel tube (flat) and cut out the 20x20 sections with electric sheers, they make a nice cut.

fatboy i just gave your name to another kid who wanted me to build him one too. Brandon is his name. :)

Does anyone have the file so that I can get it printed off. Also when you take it a place such as Kinko's, What percentage do you have them print it at?

Cheers,
Alex

I have a file of the plans that I used to make 8 of these bad boys. If you still need a file send me your email and I can send it to you. The file itself has the measurements labeled for each piece with a scale ruler so I told Staples to print it out to scale for example where a piece that was labeled 14.5" was printed out at 14.5"

Back