DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Trying to make me jealous I see. Damn that is one nice tank. I know all of the hard work is done (getting the tank in the house), but if there is anything you need help with let me know. I have alterior motives. I need to see how you are doing your plumbing.

Trying to make me jealous I see. Damn that is one nice tank. I know all of the hard work is done (getting the tank in the house), but if there is anything you need help with let me know. I have alterior motives. I need to see how you are doing your plumbing.

you can come help on Friday if you want! :D I have alterior motives as well! two eyes are better than one, 4 hands are better than 2! :lol:

Well I spent most of my day running around for plumbing parts and I have yet to find 3/4" Spa Flex and a 1-1/2" gate valve :mad:

I have found that lowes is the cheapest for this stuff.

There is also another source that has some 3/4'' spa flex for free:D. I have some extra that I am not using and just taking up garage space. I might have 4-5 6-10' sections available. Also have some 1.5'' too. PM me if you want them and I will let you know what I have exactly when I get home. Although it is a drive to pick them up LOL. Probally cheaper to get it where you are at.

I have found that lowes is the cheapest for this stuff.

There is also another source that has some 3/4'' spa flex for free:D. I have some extra that I am not using and just taking up garage space. I might have 4-5 6-10' sections available. Also have some 1.5'' too. PM me if you want them and I will let you know what I have exactly when I get home. Although it is a drive to pick them up LOL. Probally cheaper to get it where you are at.

Dang Sarang! Wish I woulda known, but i am leaving today and wont be back till Thursday, so it didnt matter...:lol:

I am going to use a 1-1/2 Ball valve instead of a gate valve and I ordered some spaflex online last night, so I will have that here for when I get back

Thanks for the offer bud, it is very much appreciated.

Jeff

LOL Jeff, I offered you spa flex when you picked up the tank. I have full stock on the stuff. $1 per ft for 3/4" $1.50 per ft for 1" and $1.75 per ft for 1.5"

BTW a ball valve will not work for your drain, in order to dial it in you must have a gate valve. Its too touchy for a ball valve..
Good luck bro!
Cheers!
Matt

LOL Jeff, I offered you spa flex when you picked up the tank. I have full stock on the stuff. $1 per ft for 3/4" $1.50 per ft for 1" and $1.75 per ft for 1.5"

BTW a ball valve will not work for your drain, in order to dial it in you must have a gate valve. Its too touchy for a ball valve..
Good luck bro!
Cheers!
Matt

I know I know on the spaflex!!!

Do you have a gate valve for the 1 1/2 " the valve I got from you was a ball valve

Ok I think I got the dry run of my plumbing done for the Tank!

What do you all think before i glue er in place????

DSC_2115%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2116%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2117%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2120%20%28Medium%29.JPG

nice...are you using flex pvc where applicable???

if so, looks like it is time to get the glue out
:)

Hey Jeff, tank & plumbing look awsome. Only about 2 hours to fully harden but 24 hours it'll be fully cured on most pvc glues. Looking forward to seeing your LED's lit up a BRA next week. This is going to one impressive system when finished, great job.

Todd

Hey Jeff, tank & plumbing look awsome. Only about 2 hours to fully harden but 24 hours it'll be fully cured on most pvc glues. Looking forward to seeing your LED's lit up a BRA next week. This is going to one impressive system when finished, great job.

Todd

Thanks Todd!

Just got home and will be doing a leak test :D

Water is in the overflow now! Testing the bulkheads, So far so good! I am going to let it sit in there for awhile to make sure i dont have a slow leak!

Its off to home depot to get about 20ft of tubing for my maxijet, so I can full drain the tank and sump when done. :D

Back