DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jeff,

You are welcome..anytime !!

When your system is up and running, I would like to see the LED lights in person.

any fish in there yet lol just kidding how is the filling up coming along.

Almost there!!!!! LOL

Sheesh!!!

I did find an issue that I need to correct, I have a single return going into the overflow box, it connects into a T, whhic then goes to bulkheads where I have lockline Y'd on each side.

The problem is if the lockline is below the water line, it creates an siphon! I am not quite sure what the solution would be.

I was just getting ready to say I would put a ball valve on the return line and close it when i shut off the pump, but that wont do me any good If I ever loose power!

you can do one of 2 methods drill a small hole or raise one of the ends of the lock line for surface agitation and once the water falls below that lock line siphon is then broken. I always did mine that way works every time and save using a pump to agitate the surface and waste power. but you will want to simulate a power loss to see how far from the top you want the other lockline head down in the water.I had mine a inch below pointing upwards to hit the top of the water.

the middle pic in post 125 page 9 I believe you can take one of the out side edge ones and face it to the back corner pointing up works to get flow in the corner and also stop the siphon. even can with both of them double secure will only need to with one though. But like you said play with it and find that sweet spot.

Jeff,

while my tank was settling in, I started a log of pH and temp for 2 weeks..i compared the temp pH difference between day and night when the lights went off. you could use this for baseline tshooting if something goes wrong esp if pH or temp is really off the charts.

Just something to think about and my .02
:)

Kirk

since the tank was in the garage, i had no idea what the temp would be with the heaters and the MH bulbs, so this is why i did the log file..once I had a constant pH and temp for a week or so, then I started to add fish/corals, etc to the tank.

Back